AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Gotta be a 3rd world disease, which I think is really really interesting. It further shows the deterioration of mankind if suddenly all these illnesses and diseases that these people have only read about in history books are now coming back because there's no defense against them.

Sickness from things like the Flu is something I never considered in a Zombie outbreak story.

I'm probably just being dense, but how would a third world disease work? I know we occasionally get these weird plague revivals every so often, but how would these illnesses travel so far with so little people movement? How much time is supposed to have passed in show to allow bird migration etc?

Otherwise I could see how in future it could be an issue if births aren't given standard jabs, but a teenager dying from flu is rather unlikely. Ropey pig on the other hand...

I'm loving this "Same day as US" airing of S4. :(Y):

Where are you from? I've been watching all my shows with shitty torrents, and I just found out Homeland is airing in the UK on only a week's delay. Is this the same?

I'm probably just being dense, but how would a third world disease work? I know we occasionally get these weird plague revivals every so often, but how would these illnesses travel so far with so little people movement? How much time is supposed to have passed in show to allow bird migration etc?

Otherwise I could see how in future it could be an issue if births aren't given standard jabs, but a teenager dying from flu is rather unlikely. Ropey pig on the other hand...

They've been kicking around for years now, haven't they?

As somebody that hasn't read the comics, kinda intrigued by Michone's deal is with kids. Guessing miscarriage/abortion/zombie-ate-my-baby deal?

I'm from Australia. A bunch of networks down here have been doing something called "Fast Tracking" Bringing certain overseas shows forward several months, in what I'd guess is an effort to stop the normal practice of people watching online while the networks wait until the following year to broadcast new seasons. Fx took it a step further by broadcasting TWD on the same day as it airs in the US. Airs 1:30pm here and is repeated at 8:30pm(with the previous weeks episode aired before it, each time).

I'm loving this "Same day as US" airing of S4. :(Y):

Where are you from? I've been watching all my shows with shitty torrents, and I just found out Homeland is airing in the UK on only a week's delay. Is this the same?

They've been kicking around for years now, haven't they?

As somebody that hasn't read the comics, kinda intrigued by Michone's deal is with kids. Guessing miscarriage/abortion/zombie-ate-my-baby deal?

It's Lupus

Surely it has a lot to do with conditions too. If things were to degenerate badly enough I imagine a lot of diseases would come back

All those diseases would be present in America anyway in laboratories. Pretty much most of them are present in the wild too but they can be controlled with medicine. Take the medicine away though.

Case in point, Dengue Fever in Florida this year. RIP LL

Isn't this the second time he's been swarmed and he just killed them all?

I can't recall if it's been done in the show before, but there's a pretty famous comic scene where he does exactly that.

When they leave him in that workout area, think he's dead and come back later to find he's still alive and he killed them all? I can't remember if that was show or not.