General Television Thread

Hellfire

I would love to watch Suburgatory but it seems to not be streaming anywhere where I wouldn't have to go to drastic measures to find it. It's annoying.

Boardwalk season one opener seemed like a big let down. The show isn't exactly one I expect grand drama from, but something a little out of the ordinary would have been nice. Not sure I'm going to watch this season week by week, seems like it might be worth picking up when I can watch it as a whole, but it's going to get tedious if I have to wait it out in the hopes one episode might give me a moment of real drama. The story was fine, but the lack of any real emphatic moments just didn't give it's return any impact.

Boardwalk season one opener seemed like a big let down. The show isn't exactly one I expect grand drama from, but something a little out of the ordinary would have been nice. Not sure I'm going to watch this season week by week, seems like it might be worth picking up when I can watch it as a whole, but it's going to get tedious if I have to wait it out in the hopes one episode might give me a moment of real drama. The story was fine, but the lack of any real emphatic moments just didn't give it's return any impact.

You mean the season two opener? Because yeah, it's not very good. The two episodes that have followed are both miles better.

Sorry, yeah, season two opener. Glad to hear it. I presumed that the ending of the season premier was setting up for something bigger, but it just seemed like they could've jumped almost straight into that rather than what felt largely like a catch up/filler episode.

Im kind of annoyed that the new Merlin season premiered a couple weeks ago, yet it doesnt air on BBC America. Still got to watch the first episode, and it had a nice cliffhanger. I may have to wait for the season to wrap up before I get to watch it, though.

It also reminds me that Im annoyed Camelot was cancelled by Starz.

Sorry, yeah, season two opener. Glad to hear it. I presumed that the ending of the season premier was setting up for something bigger, but it just seemed like they could've jumped almost straight into that rather than what felt largely like a catch up/filler episode.

Yeah. They just did their first scene where Nucky and The Commodore are actually face to face on last night's and it's pretty fantastic acting from Steve Buscemi and Dabney Coleman. You can cut the tension with a knife.

Breaking Bad. Season 3. The episode about the Fly.

I've been really enjoying the show, but what the fuck did I just waste 50 minutes of my life watching.

I just watched this episode. You're so wrong it's not even funny.

Well I watched The Killing, and was really impressed. Probably the first US show I've watched barring 24 I suppose with one story chugging through the whole series, and having 13-14 episodes rather than the usual 20+ gave it a more European style (yes I know its a Danish rework). Kept me guessing until the end (I was right though, possibly...) and just felt well written and well acted. Flew through it as even Mrs Colly wanted to know what happened after each ep.

I was just surprised that it wasn't wrapped up at the end, having presumed it was a one off. Will definitely watch Series 2 but would've liked some closure!

Finished Breaking Bad season 3 today.

Jesus, poor Gale. The way the season goes full circle with Walter and Jesse and does it totally organically is amazing.

I felt kinda like a girl when I started watching as I expected it to be Twilight: The TV Show but it became clear about halfway through Season 1 that The Vampire Diaries is pretty good and definitely superior to True Blood. As you'd expect, there's the teenage/love angst but pretty solid overall.

I hated the Fly episode. A pretentious overreach that wasted an entire hour of the season. Never before or since has Breaking Bad had an episode that was less than good, but that one literally bored me to sleep.

And Boardwalk Empire is the best show I've ever watched that is actually terrible. A terrific cast, great acting, a show that's almost breathtaking to look at, but when I sit down to actually watch it, it is a chore to get through an episode.

• Like 2

For me - although I am admittedly a season behind you all - there's so much going on that is actually intriguing, that I tend not to really care that not a load of progress is being made with each storyline. Plus Stephen Graham is immense. So there's that.

Decided to give Glee another chance. Skipped 'Original Song' since it was the episode which was the straw that broke the camel's back. Coming back into it, it seemed to find it's groove again almost immediately after that episode. Four episodes beyond it and I'm really enjoying it again.