General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 7/6/2017 at 09:10, zero said:

I didn't recognize Carlito at first, I honestly thought it was Ricky Ortiz since he looked so huge. It's one of those things about WWE wrestlers that you don't realize until you see them out of context of WWE: their "little" guys are still pretty damn big. Not that Carlito is freakishly tall like Brodus, but next to Alison Brie and Betty Gilpin, he looked enormous. 

What made me realize this was Stephen Amell  teaming with Neville. On Arrow Stephen looks fucking ripped and huge but when he's next to Cody he looked like a baby man.

• Like 1

iZombie season 1 episode 2:

Spoiler

CARLA WHY DID YOU MURDER YOUR HUSBAND WHO IS NOT TURK?

Also I'm assuming the setup is for this Blaine zombie to be the big bad of the season.

5 minutes ago, GoGoya the Destroyer said:

also, Cloudy, yeah. I don't like the looks of that Blaine fellow.

Something about the way that is shot feels... too clean? I'll absolutely watch cause of the calibre of those involved, but it looks a little bit too bright to me for some reason.

I'm up to episode 6 of iZombie. I've got my mom addicted to it now. :lol: Episode 5 & 6 spoilers:

Spoiler

She was practically hyperventilating thinking that big zombie at the skate park killed Major, and that the end of episode 5 was going to be Major showing up in a bodybag. I've watched maybe the first 5 minutes of episode 6 so I know that's not true, and now she's an episode ahead of me, having just started 7 yesterday.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Broken Cloyd said:

I'm up to episode 6 of iZombie. I've got my mom addicted to it now. :lol: Episode 5 & 6 spoilers:

Hide contents

She was practically hyperventilating thinking that big zombie at the skate park killed Major, and that the end of episode 5 was going to be Major showing up in a bodybag. I've watched maybe the first 5 minutes of episode 6 so I know that's not true, and now she's an episode ahead of me, having just started 7 yesterday.

Oh dear god, please keep us up to date on what your mum is going to be feeling for season 1 & 2.

The Magicians is oddly more comedic than I would have thought. Spins it's wheels a little too often for a show only doing 13 episodes a season but has been entertaining. Season 2 is definitely an improvement over Season 1.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:18, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

GLOW was fun. So easy to binge. 

Allison Brie was delightful.

I just finished now. I enjoyed it, but I did not love it. 

My better half actually loved the show more than I did. I thought it was a great show for those who did not love or casually watched wrestling. There were a few times I thought "eh, this is not great". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RPS said:

I just finished now. I enjoyed it, but I did not love it. 

My better half actually loved the show more than I did. I thought it was a great show for those who did not love or casually watched wrestling. There were a few times I thought "eh, this is not great". 

It certainly wasn't my favorite show of all time, but I thought the length and style of the show made it fun and easy to binge. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

It certainly wasn't my favorite show of all time, but I thought the length and style of the show made it fun and easy to binge. 

Yeah. I have recommended it to everyone I know who does not like wrestling. I think part of my experience in not loving the show is that I watched the GLOW documentary and there are some inconsistencies between the show and the real life GLOW. 

Well, tbf, the show is a dramatization. There's not exactly a whole lot of 1:1 comparison to be had between it and the documentary.

Also, I'm up to episode 10 of iZombie. Just finished 9. My mom's only just started 8, so the stuff that happens in episodes 8 and 9 should be interesting for her.

Spoiler

Lowell! :( I should have seen it coming since it was foreshadowed pretty heavily with the whole "you need someone to take a bullet for you, but i'm a weenie" conversation they had in bed. I liked Lowell. Blaine's a bastard and I kinda love him for it?

Also, Major's got a guuuuuun~ and Lowell eats dead teen braaaaaaaaains~ and Ravi got bit by a zombieeeeeeeeeee rat~

• Like 2

The Walking Dead halted production yesterday due to an injury sustained by one of their stuntmen. He passed away from that injury today, having fallen from a balcony to a concrete floor from a height of 20 feet.