General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 13/03/2019 at 11:33, Owen said:

Okay, I know that much now, but I feel like if I started watching Cheers first, I would have probably just written off Frasier and figured they were similar. I'm about 3/4 episodes into Cheers right now and still... eh.

Imho, Cheers doesn't get going until about halfway into season two. Then it really gets good once Diane is gone. That's season six, I believe. 

Edited by GhostMachine

Anyone else watching Love, Death, and Robots? My wife and I went through about half the episodes last night. I enjoyed most, outside of one (episode 3, The Witness... made me and my wife uncomfortable in a bad way). And some of them are just amazing (Suits, Sucker of Souls, When The Yogurt Took Over, Three Robots, and Good Hunting were my favorites).

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Anyone else watching Love, Death, and Robots? My wife and I went through about half the episodes last night. I enjoyed most, outside of one (episode 3, The Witness... made me and my wife uncomfortable in a bad way). And some of them are just amazing (Suits, Sucker of Souls, When The Yogurt Took Over, Three Robots, and Good Hunting were my favorites).

Have you seen the conspiracy theory going around online that says that you get a different episode order depending on your sexuality?

Just now, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Have you seen the conspiracy theory going around online that says that you get a different episode order depending on your sexuality?

...really? That seems really odd.

2 minutes ago, Ruki said:

The list order here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561862/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Is the one that we've gotten (We got up to Helping Hand).

Netflix responded to that tweet saying that they are testing 4 different episode orders. 

I like that idea, an anthology series doesn't need to be watched in order, so presenting it differently allows people to talk about different episodes instead of maybe getting a slow start and people missing out on a great episode at the tail end because not enough people saw it to talk about it.

40 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Netflix responded to that tweet saying that they are testing 4 different episode orders. 

Sureeeee ya don't have that info Netflix, sure ya don't. 

• Like 1

I read an interview in which the makers of Love, Death and Robots said it was inspired by Heavy Metal, the cult 1981 film. Are they similar in any way other than the anthology structure? If it is, it won't interest me because I thought Heavy Metal was trashy nonsense whose soundtrack was its only appeal. If not, I might give it a look.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

What even is Love, Death and Robots?

It's a Netflix anthology series of animated shorts that cover sci fi, fantasy, horror, etc. that's produced by David Fincher and Tim Miller (Deadpool).

• Like 1