General Television Thread

Hellfire

"If you're telling me the Iron Sheik isn't fighting to protect his oil interest in this country, then my world will literally cave in."

Seriously, this was a line in this week's Goldbergs. It was an awesome fucking episode.

I'm kind of glad. I mean, I love it and all, #sixseasonsandamovie and that but I feel like its time has come.

• Like 1

Eh, I won't be sad if Community falls by the wayside. Five season is a better run than most shows, and it's done incredibly well to last considering how it's constantly on the edge as far as cancellation goes and the fact it's lost two of it's biggest stars.

I want a sixth season for basically two reasons; to fulfill the prophecy and so they can get another shot at doing a series finale that's actually good. They got it right in season 3 but have basically fucked it up the last two years for varying reasons.

Hannibal getting renewed is great, though. Genuinely shocked that a Bryan Fuller show has made it past two seasons.

• Like 1

I just won't understand it if NBC lets Parks and Rec tie everything up with a last season but not Community. They're in very similar boats (low-rated but critically acclaimed with a devoted fanbase) so it's weird they'd do it with one and not the other. Especially since they're still going to get killed on Thursdays anyways.

I just won't understand it if NBC lets Parks and Rec tie everything up with a last season but not Community. They're in very similar boats (low-rated but critically acclaimed with a devoted fanbase) so it's weird they'd do it with one and not the other. Especially since they're still going to get killed on Thursdays anyways.

I would say Parks & Rec probably has a bigger fan base than Community, a bigger mainstream star and also has the benefit of having Mike Schur run things (who seems that everybody likes) as opposed to Dan Harmon, who was such a dick that he got fired from his own show. But Community has reached 97 episodes so it will live on in syndication for years.

NBC hasn't confirmed it but TVLine's reporting that Community is canceled.

http://tvline.com/2014/05/09/community-cancelled-nbc-season-6/

The difference between Community and Parks and Rec is that Parks and Rec can win awards for NBC, and Community can't. That's basically a tiebreaker when the ratings are nearly the same.