General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yea, I'm glad Community got 5 seasons, wish it had one more (and a movie), but at least it got to finish out all 13 episodes and didn't just stop airing like some shows mid-way through the season. The finale wasn't the best way to go out, but it was decent enough (besides what more could they possibly do at Greendale?) They did well without Chevy Chase, but losing Donald Glover was a big blow. Frankly though, Community was too good for NBC (they have what, 2 comedies left now, yet again?). I never got into Big Bang Theory, but a lot of people seem to watch it, so I think Community might've fared better on another night when it wasn't in direct competition with the #1 rated comedy on TV. Maybe NBC should just give up on trying to have successful comedies on Thursday nights for a while, cause once Parks & Recreation is done, they won't really have much to speak for on the comedy side and nothing's going to fare well against BBT for at least a couple more years. Just sucks that a creative show like Community only gets 5 seasons while crap like Two & a Half Men gets a 12th season.

Part of me still wants to believe the look of surprise on everyone faces during that was legit because they didn't know what Dean would say...

Man, of all the shows cancelled, it bums me the fuck out that Suburgatory didn't make one more season. That was a lovely little show that never seemed to catch on. I guess I'll just watch Evil Dead on repeat for more Jane Levy. :(

Anyone got any favorite showrunners? I'm trying to think of a better show creator than Michael Schur. Everything that guy's been involved in has been fantastic, The Office, Parks, Brooklyn.

Eh, I don't care for any of the shows those two have made, but it's hard to argue against the success of a 24 or X-Files.

Whedon is a good shout too - Dollhouse soured me a little, but if you count SHIELD (Which... I guess you can?), he's 3 for 4.

I don't know if I've just watched a lot of television or what - but after three episodes of AHS: Asylum I'm finding myself bored. I called everything before it happened and eh - I'll probably just read the rest of it all.

Still want to give Coven a shot though.

Whedon without a doubt - Buffy, Angel, Firefly, to a lesser extent Dollhouse and to no extent Agents of SHIELD. By far my favourite.

AHS Asylum is bad and all over the place. If you're not liking it now then you'll hate it the further in it goes. Coven is better and more consistent but still doesn't touch Murder House.