General Television Thread

Hellfire

Fox has released it's 2014 fall schedule...

(New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET/PT)

MONDAY
8-9 PM GOTHAM
9-10 PM Sleepy Hollow

TUESDAY
8-9 PM UTOPIA
9-9:30 PM New Girl
9:30-10 PM The Mindy Project

WEDNESDAY
8-9 PM Hell’s Kitchen
9-10 PM RED BAND SOCIETY

THURSDAY
8-9 PM Bones
9-10 PM GRACEPOINT

FRIDAY
8-9 PM Masterchef Junior
9-10 PM UTOPIA

SATURDAY
7-10:30 PM Fox Sports Saturday

SUNDAY
7-7:30 PM NFL Game
7-8 PM Bob’s Burgers
8-8:30 PM The Simpsons
8:30-9 PM Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9-9:30 PM Family Guy
9:30-10 PM MULANEY

B99 and Mulaney being on Sundays is interesting. Mulaney following Family Guy seems like an odd pairing, though.

Edited by livid

Of that lineup I'll be for sure watching B99 of course and Mulaney. Thanks for making the Sunday schedule even more fucking brutal, Fox. THANKS A LOT.

Cross Bates Motel off the list of shows I might watch later

I may have brought it up many moons ago during my viewing of Season 1, but there's a surprisingly graphic scene early in the season that brought me very close to washing my hands of the series then and there. Only the wife literally nagging me to watch it led me to finish. Haven't touched season two, but the wife keeps churning away and mentioned that in conversation last night.

Veep: still great. Jonah: still a nine year old boy inside operating the levers. Christopher Meloni was hilarious as well.

"I know IMF stands for international money fund."

Of that lineup I'll be for sure watching B99 of course and Mulaney. Thanks for making the Sunday schedule even more fucking brutal, Fox. THANKS A LOT.

Seriously. It's weird that they're splitting up their Animation Domination line like this, but I'm not complaining. Hopefully this means bigger ratings for Brooklyn Nine-Nine (which, I dunno if I've mentioned, I finally watched the entire first season a couple weeks ago) and a good start for Mulaney (given that I am pretty much in love with John Mulaney.)

I'll also be checking out Gotham because Batman fanboy reasons and Gracepoint cause David Tennant and Anna Gunn. I'm looking forward to their midseason offerings too. With the additions of Backstrom and Last Man on Earth being added to schedule, FOX is looking solid.

Getting the Family Guy lead-in suggests they've got high hopes for Mulaney, which is great news. NBC is beyond stupid to have passed on it given the deep SNL connection the show has and how starved their comedy lineup is going to be.

But see, NBC didn't want it because COMEDY PURISTS (unlike shows like multiple Emmy winner 30 Rock, Golden Globe winner Parks and Recreation, cult darling Community) would like it too much and it wouldn't attract regular audiences! The regular audiences that came out in droves for Outsourced and Whitney and Perfect Couples and The New Normal and...

He's a really funny standup whose pilot/script was highly regarded by people who saw it so the hype train built up for it until the sudden, surprising news that NBC had decided to pass on it because they thought it wasn't broad enough. This is my favorite standup bit of his:

• Like 4