General Television Thread

Hellfire

This week's Silicon Valley was great. When Erlich slapped that kid I cheered so hard.

I really wasn't into this week, although it had moments(like the Erlich scene) that were funny most of the episode just kind of drug for me. The sub-plots (Dinesh/Erlich and Martin Starr's GF, and Jared in the car) were so much better than Richard and the hacker kid, which ended on such a predictable note. It wasn't bad but it just kind of tread water especially after such a great episode last week. I miss Peter Gregory already.

So I just watched the season finale to Once Upon a Time. Holy smokes was that both somewhat filler and totally appropriate. But seriously, they had to go back to the old trope that just keeps popping up in this universe - bad things come from opening magic containers. Still, considering what they did with Neverland and Oz, this upcoming season should be rather interesting.

Getting the Family Guy lead-in suggests they've got high hopes for Mulaney, which is great news. NBC is beyond stupid to have passed on it given the deep SNL connection the show has and how starved their comedy lineup is going to be.

But see, NBC didn't want it because COMEDY PURISTS (unlike shows like multiple Emmy winner 30 Rock, Golden Globe winner Parks and Recreation, cult darling Community) would like it too much and it wouldn't attract regular audiences! The regular audiences that came out in droves for Outsourced and Whitney and Perfect Couples and The New Normal and...

Perfect Couples was a great show, you are a very bad man

Fox also has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_xNvdptsXY

Not sure how this will work as a series but I like Forte and Lord and Miller are on a roll so I'll check it out.

There have been good multi-cam sitcoms.

Since 2000?

How I Met Your Mother was genuinely good for a period of time. It stopped being that, of course.

I don't have an issue with multicam, I have an issue with laugh tracks. Most of the time the laugh tracks (or maybe it's an audience) are just way too into every joke, no matter how small. Most of the time I just want a light internal chuckle ffs.

• Like 1

Knowing Heigl she'll piss off most of the crew and make it not worth the show getting a decent run regardless of quality. Considering all the stories about her awful attitude, I'm amazed she still gets work since she's not even a good actress.

Does anyone else watch Once Upon a Time? I'm about 6 episodes away from completing the series thanks to Hulu Plus. Really enjoyed it and will not like waiting for the next season to start. :(

Thankfully Orange is the New Black will be back soon.