General Television Thread

Hellfire

Watched episode two of Fargo last night, really into this show. When my girlfriend found out that the hitman was playing by Billy Bob Thorton she laughed, but now when he's on screen it's the best part of the episode. The part with him getting the mail in episode two is amazing.

http://gawker.com/levar-burton-is-kickstarting-the-return-of-reading-rain-1582800144

The biggest backer rewards include a private dinner with LeVar at $3,500 and a chance to wear Geordi LaForge's actual visor at $10,000.

2x16-Troy_LeVar_2.jpg

• Like 1

Watched episode two of Fargo last night, really into this show. When my girlfriend found out that the hitman was playing by Billy Bob Thorton she laughed, but now when he's on screen it's the best part of the episode. The part with him getting the mail in episode two is amazing.

sling-blade-e1314721077209.jpg

Also, regarding Fargo, just watched the latest episode.

Totally rooting for Lester. What a man.

You're weird.

Fargo:

Lester's turn to full-blown villain has been great, but I in no way am rooting for him. I'm rooting for Solverson and Gus, as we all should be. Also, Martin Freeman and Bob Odenkirk were both masterful in that interrogation room scene.

Oh, and that continuous exterior shot of Malvo climbing the stairs on a rampage was incredible.

A ton of great film making in this TV show.

• Like 1

I'll root for the other two when they become more interesting characters. It's Walter White all over again - yeah, he's an awful human being. But that's a lot more interesting to watch than Skyler have an affair.

It's 2014, man. Villains are the hot shit. Have you seen Tumblr? They're all about Loki.

• Like 1

I'll root for the other two when they become more interesting characters. It's Walter White all over again - yeah, he's an awful human being. But that's a lot more interesting to watch than Skyler have an affair.

It's 2014, man. Villains are the hot shit. Have you seen Tumblr? They're all about Loki.

I honestly just want Malvo to wipe everyone out.

Okay, yeah, if you actively rooted for Walter White, especially later in the series, then it's best we just realize we are the bizarro version of each other and move on.

• Like 3

I wish I liked Fargo. It has so many actors I like but man the first episode was such a chore to get through.

Can I ask why? I thought it was pretty damn good, and they tried they're best to be Coen-est about it, too.

I wish I liked Fargo. It has so many actors I like but man the first episode was such a chore to get through.

Can I ask why? I thought it was pretty damn good, and they tried they're best to be Coen-est about it, too.

I don't really know to be honest. Maybe it was too much Coen type stuff? Like I like some Coen movies but I don't think I can take a whole series of that kind of thing

Oh and it was too long. Are they all that long?

I don't really know to be honest. Maybe it was too much Coen type stuff? Like I like some Coen movies but I don't think I can take a whole series of that kind of thing

Oh and it was too long. Are they all that long?

Nope, it was long because it was the premiere. Last night's runtime was only an hour and nine minutes with the commercials.

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend in the US, most every program that airs on Sundays & Mondays took a break for it. So yeah, Last Week Tonight was off this week. Same for Game of Thrones, Veep, etc. They all come back this upcoming weekend though.

• Like 1

RE; Fargo

Aye, without commercials the first episode was something like an hour, ten minutes - the other episodes I've watched have been 44-50.

Watched episodes three and four last night.. oh man. I love this show. The ending of episode four made me laugh my ass off.

Edited by Greg Valensham

Watching through the second season of Hannibal at the minute, absolutely loving it.

It took me ages to realise that the lass playing Margot remindeded of Sophie Dee though >_>

Man, that made me crack up. Thrilla is the man.

Okay, yeah, if you actively rooted for Walter White, especially later in the series, then it's best we just realize we are the bizarro version of each other and move on.

For the best, we don't need this conversation to start up again.

I wish you all the best in your alternate universe.

• Like 1