General Television Thread

Hellfire

In news probably only me and Lint care about because we're the only people dumb enough to stick around to the very end, Sons of Anarchy cast Marilyn Manson for the upcoming final season. He's set to play an "imprisoned white supremacist shot-caller Jax uses to expand his base of power", according to Variety.

Most hilarious part:

So I was determined to make him proud by being involved in what will probably be remembered as the most amazing piece of television cinema.

Yeah. Probably.

(Not.)

Yea, as good as the show started off, it really should've ended a season or two sooner...they've really been trying to stretch it out

So I was determined to make him proud by being involved in what will probably be remembered as the most amazing piece of television cinema.

Well, assuming it's Kurt Sutter doing the remembering...

(also technically I haven't quit on Sons of Anarchy yet, even though I have absolutely zero interest in watching the final season.)

• Like 2

yea, last season really kinda lost me. I'll watch it just because I've already dedicated a few years of my life to it

And I forgot Heros of Cosplay came back this week!

I usually stick with shows until the end even if they suck but even I couldn't continue watching Sons of Anarchy. It probably doesn't help that Kurt Sutter is an absolute dipshit.

• Like 1

Danny McBride in what sounds like a school setting sounds amazing.

Oh god yes. There's a ton of potential there. Season 1 of Eastbound had a lot of scenes of him coaching gym(albeit elementary school) and it was gold.

• Like 1

Last Week Tonight With John Oliver was again another home run, Chris Cuomo and Tony Abbott lambasted like fools they are. I feel sorry for Australia.

Last Week Tonight With John Oliver was again another home run, Chris Cuomo and Tony Abbott lambasted like fools they are. I feel sorry for Australia.

I've only watched the past two episodes but I've enjoyed both. I've never seen the video of that older guy calling Abbott a dickhead to his face but that was great. I really hope they add an extra 30 minutes eventually.

• Like 1

I liked it, but I've felt like this whole season seems a little disjointed. I dunno.

Veep was pretty great too and HBO's spoiling us next week by giving us two episodes. :w00t:

EDIT: On Burn Notice, I thought the second half of the last season was better than the first half.

• Like 1

I liked it, but I've felt like this whole season seems a little disjointed. I dunno.

Veep was pretty great too and HBO's spoiling us next week by giving us two episodes. :w00t:

EDIT: On Burn Notice, I thought the second half of the last season was better than the first half.

Yea I wasn't thrilled with the finale of Burn Notice. I thought the ending was good, but I would've changed

instead of Mike and Fi talking about what they'd tell their child, it'd flash forward say 10 years or so. The series ends with showing that the entire thing was Mike telling his son/daughter about his past. It'd make sense since I always wondered why Mike would go into detail about the gadgets he was making

I've only watched the past two episodes but I've enjoyed both. I've never seen the video of that older guy calling Abbott a dickhead to his face but that was great. I really hope they add an extra 30 minutes eventually.

Really is, such a contrast to his report about Gun Control when he was on the Daily Show.