General Television Thread

Hellfire

Not particularly since one of their fronts is a strip club. Saying that, they could have been a lot more gratuitous with it than they were.

Edited by livid

Working my way through it slowly, but season two of Orange Is The New Black is way better than season two. So far anyway...

Finished it this morning.

Ending was absolute brilliance.

Me and the husband on the final episode. Will watch it tomorrow or Friday. By far the best show on television right now. It is funny, heart-warming, and I'm on the edge of my seat at the end of each episode. My minor complaints would be - no one cares about Larry and we demand more Sophia. Season 2 has done a fantastic job of spreading the focus over 20 or so well rounded females. I find it strange that someone would complain that characters were iffy or acting out of character - I think out of all the shows on television, Orange does perhaps the best job of fleshing out people's back stories and fully explaining why they do the things they do.

Fargo

Pretty solid finale to an excellent show. I loved Lester's death and how fitting it was. Not happy about the way Malvo went out, but I'm too overly-attached to the character to be objective about it. I found myself vainly hoping he was like actually the Devil and was immortal or something.

:P

I wish it had been Molly to actually take down Malvo, but oh well. Lester's death was fucking perfect. Biggest surprise was that after Malvo's "hey, if you're still pissed off down the line about me killing your partner, come seek me out" thing we never saw Mr. Wrench again.

Fargo

Pretty solid finale to an excellent show. I loved Lester's death and how fitting it was. Not happy about the way Malvo went out, but I'm too overly-attached to the character to be objective about it. I found myself vainly hoping he was like actually the Devil and was immortal or something.

:P

I wish it had been Molly to actually take down Malvo, but oh well. Lester's death was fucking perfect. Biggest surprise was that after Malvo's "hey, if you're still pissed off down the line about me killing your partner, come seek me out" thing we never saw Mr. Wrench again.

In an interview, the showrunner said that he preferred to go against the hero's journey by having someone else kill Malvo, just like how in the film, Frances McDormand isn't there to arrest William H. Macy. It's just a more realistic outcome, according to him. And it makes sense, so I'm happy with how everything pretty much turned out. Lester's death was clearly the best part, though.

Finally, I will be able to press a button that tells the company that employs Chelsea Handler how I feel about her having a show.

"Not Interested"

• Like 4

AMC has delayed the start of Better Call Saul until 2015 with Vince Gilligan signing on to co-run the show instead of just executive producing, and has already renewed it for a second season.

• Like 3

AMC has delayed the start of Better Call Saul until 2015 with Vince Gilligan signing on to co-run the show instead of just executive producing, and has already renewed it for a second season.

Another year? :(

I'm even more excited now because Gilligan is co-running it. Don't mind the wait.

Yeah. I mean, I was hoping to see what he'd do next outside of that universe but I'm not gonna complain with that decision.