General Television Thread

Hellfire

Ooh, also Weekly Wipe was amazing last night, anything with Philomena Cunk has me in stitches, War 2 being a particular highlight. It's weird to think that from reading his PC Zone columns at school Charlie Brooker has been in my life for a worryingly long time.

Sealab is confined to one place mostly and is completely fucking deranged. Both are about workplaces where nearly all of the employees are trainwrecks and a lot of the basic humor in terms of dialogue is similar, but Sealab will have episodes result in most or all of the main characters getting killed and then just showing up again.

• Like 3

Yeah, if you like Adult Swim's brand of humor, Sealab is must-watch until Captain Murphy's voice actor passed away and they had to replace the character. The episode where he gets trapped under the soda machine (which Archer referenced in that two-parter) is incredible.

• Like 4

Season 4 Episode 8 of Justified (major spoilers)...

WHA?! Arlo

:o The guy was an asshole, but I assumed we'd see him slowly descend into dementia as seemed to be happening, and have it slowly force Raylan to confront his demons, I didn't expect that to happen. Shame, Arlo was one of the best shades of grey but somehow also very villainous characters the show had, reminded me a lot of Walt from Breaking Bad in many ways.

Finished season four of Justified yesterday...

Eh, it wasn't a great season. I liked the Drew stuff and the prostitute, but the season as a whole was kind of a bust. Season two was the clear peak for me, and the show's struggling to match up to that. Season five to watch at some point, but this one has kind of put the brakes on my desire to watch it straight away. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't have a hook.

Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 4

Finished season four of Justified yesterday...

Eh, it wasn't a great season. I liked the Drew stuff and the prostitute, but the season as a whole was kind of a bust. Season two was the clear peak for me, and the show's struggling to match up to that. Season five to watch at some point, but this one has kind of put the brakes on my desire to watch it straight away. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't have a hook.

Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 4

I would agree with your rankings of the seasons. It was really hard to get into Season 4 for me but I really enjoyed Season 5, I think it's mainly due to the fact that the "big bad" actor is a favorite of mine and he really nails the character.

I just like the fact after finishing Leftovers last week I can keep up my Ecclescake binge, and he's not doing a naff accent this time.

Did anyone watch Ascension? Decent concept but so stretched out, and I watched it hoping for an actual miniseries and ended up with an annoying intro to what will probably be a naff drawn out thing.