General Television Thread

Hellfire

It's pretty cool. I don't know that I maybe need a full season of it, but so far it's fun. Will Forte is great as ever. It'll be interesting to see where the story goes, but I'm not sure how much they could do.

Yeah, I'm with TKz. I liked the first two episodes, but don't know how long it can go on keeping me interested. Will Forte and Kristen Schaal is some absolutely amazing casting, though, Schaal is definitely pulling it off even though she has to play such an unlikable character.

The future episodes are going to figure in more people (January Jones is cast as something from what I remember?), so I don't know if it will actually stay as only the two of them.

Last Man on Earth was really good, I loved that they tried to make it a little bit dark. I could have watched many more episodes of affable Forte descending into madness, but I get why they cut it kind of short. Great cast (including the dudes at the bar!) and a really out-there premise that I think will be fun to watch develop.

• Like 1

Babylon 5 - how necesarry is the first movie to watch before the show? I have the first series recorded but not sure whether to jump in or watch the film first.

Also, as much as I'm now enjoying New Girl, the intro is awful. Probably the worst intro to any show I've liked.

Started watching The Casual Vacancy as a part of casting research. I'm an episode and a half in and it's not bad. It's helped by the fact it has a lot of good British actors in it, which elevates the story and does a lot for some of the dialogue. I'll see where it goes from here, but it's not exactly a huge commitment as it's only a 3-part mini-series. It's definitely entertaining enough, and makes a few of the criticisms the book seem over the top. Although, I say this having not finished the series or read the book.

I started watching State of Affairs. Sort of weird to think that all these major networks are picking up shows as mid-season break filler series, akin to having Motive during the summer even though it originally aired on CBC. Anyway, it's decent, but I'm not sure it's going to get renewed. Katherine Heigl's performance is okay, but it feels like she's trying to channel Piper Perabo in Covert Affairs, forgetting that Perabo played a field agent, not a desk rider. NBC hasn't announced whether it's going to renew or not, but for me it's a 50/50. I'm curious where it goes, if they keep it, but if it doesn't stick around, I wouldn't see it as a major loss.

^ Did Covert Affairs get any better? I got a season or two into it and ended up throwing in the towel on it because it felt like a chore to watch.

I've just started Friday Night Lights as I got a five season boxset for Christmas. My main thought is, man, Texans sure like praying a lot.

Yeah but it's Texas, It has its ups and downs but mostly ups and even the downs are better than the majority of shows. It's a fantastic rise though.

Trying to get through my backlog of series that I'm supposed to be getting into, Stuck mid way through the first season of Agents of Shield, I've enjoyed what I've seen so far just don't have much time at the moment.

Edited by Slogger

Justified should get more attention everywhere.

Though I suppose it should get more attention from me first, as I haven't actually even finished last season yet.

Edited by livid

Re: Covert Affairs - there were flashes of genius interspersed into a lot of dullness. I have no idea why it lasted 80 episodes.