General Television Thread

Hellfire

After what I thought was weak season 2, season 3 of Vikings is pretty good after 3 episodes

Just watched Z Nation over the weekend and holy shot what a show, as someone who gave up on Tge Walking Dead just half way through season four and was ready to write this off as simply an "lol asylum mockbuster", I'm honestly happy I didn't, its everything TWD should be, its serious but not to serious, fun but not over the top (usually) silly, the cast is filled with characters that you actually come to care about each carefully developed, not just a few people and a bunch of red shirts, the general message of there always being hope is always a nice change from the doom and gloom setting of TWD.

Can't wait for season 2

• Like 1

Just watched Z Nation over the weekend and holy shot what a show, as someone who gave up on Tge Walking Dead just half way through season four and was ready to write this off as simply an "lol asylum mockbuster", I'm honestly happy I didn't, its everything TWD should be, its serious but not to serious, fun but not over the top (usually) silly, the cast is filled with characters that you actually come to care about each carefully developed, not just a few people and a bunch of red shirts, the general message of there always being hope is always a nice change from the doom and gloom setting of TWD.

Can't wait for season 2

Really? I hated it after two. Just wasn't clicking. Walking Dead, even with its faults, is an infinitely better show.

As for House of Cards, I finished it in a day and a half. Really good, but probably the weakest season.

Did no one watch last week's Last Week Tonight? That whole part about Infrastructure has the best payoff for that show ever.

I need to see that movie right now.

If anything happened, we did it wrong.

I finished Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which I thought was great fun. A lot of standout moments, especially some incredible cameos, and the whole Pinot Noir routine. Guessing if I like this, I'd like 30 Rock?

Also, the first episode of Lilyhammer was okay, but nothing special.

• Like 1

I finished Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which I thought was great fun. A lot of standout moments, especially some incredible cameos, and the whole Pinot Noir routine. Guessing if I like this, I'd like 30 Rock?

Correct! Both shows could exist in the same world/same New York City pretty easily.

• Like 1

Spinoffs to major cable dramas are starting to get played out but I still want a Wynn Duffy and Mikey spin-off once Justified's over. They're amazing and if either of them die I will probably straight-up cry.

Tim Gutterson can come too, though it wouldn't be the same if he didn't have Raylan there to endlessly judge.

• Like 1