General Television Thread

Hellfire

I'm really not bothered, I can take your word that you weren't talking to me - but you were directly addressing both me and things that I had been talking about.

In my second post I spoke to you, yes. I was basing my response on the fact that A) it had been reported several times the last few months that it would not deal with the occult elements as initially reported (only trying to inform you not trying to condemn you for not knowing) and B) you had said the occult stuff was what "made it" for you. I admit I forgot about the part where you said you still had faith.

Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or argue with you.

Oh there's an actual trailer. The title says "sneak peak" though, so I'll put it in spoilers just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kN7fhWnhdM

Also fuuuuuuck me I can't wait for June 4th!

There are some elements in there from the Hannibal Rising book/movie. I hope they keep that to a bare minimum because I really dislike that one. They tried to turn Hannibal into some kind of cannibalistic anti-hero-samurai in that one. Total bullshit. But on the other hand they also took elements from the book/movie "Hannibal", which is just minimally better than "Hannibal Rising", and turned them into something great last season so I'll give the the benefit of the doubt. I can't wait for this to return.

I'm especially looking forward to how they decide to portray Francis Dolarhyde. Casting Richard Armitage in that role is definitely an interesting choice. I think Ralph Fiennes did a good job of portraying him in "Red Dragon". Okay, he doesn't fit the bull physically but he managed to capture the character from the books much better than Tom Noonan did in "Manhunter" who came across much more like your typical slasher-movie killer. But to be fair to Noonan it didn't help that they streamlined his character, cut out nearly his entire backstory and changed whatever was left.

Anyone watched any of Bloodline? I'm watching it with my girlfriend, so I haven't been able to binge as much as I'd like, but I've really enjoyed the first five episodes. It does take a little bit to get going, but the acting is so strong, it kind of makes it gripping. I'm glad after the first few episodes that the flash-forwards start to die out.

Anyone watched any of Bloodline? I'm watching it with my girlfriend, so I haven't been able to binge as much as I'd like, but I've really enjoyed the first five episodes. It does take a little bit to get going, but the acting is so strong, it kind of makes it gripping. I'm glad after the first few episodes that the flash-forwards start to die out.

I liked it a lot. You're right that it takes way too long to get going. Given the plot points they hit they really only needed about 10 episodes max.

Love me some Sheriff Coach Taylor though

So I don't really understand tv networks and ratings and stuff so I'm wondering if anyone could help me out a little. Hawaii 5-0 on CBS, will it get renewed for a 6th season based on 9-10million viewers an episode on average?

It'll probably be renewed.

HANDY GUIDE:

Is it a police procedural on CBS ---> if "yes", RENEW FOREVER

Except for Battle Creek!

It'll probably be renewed.

HANDY GUIDE:

Is it a police procedural on CBS ---> if "yes", RENEW FOREVER

Which is ironic considering ABC decided not to renew Forever :shifty:

Stop rubbing it in!

When will we start to hear news on any new shows coming for next season? I'm going to need something new to replace Forever with.

It's the NBC way!

Also, I find it odd/amusing/cool that NBC basically banked on the Strike Back guys for their drama series this year. I'm cautiously optimistic for them though because they're both from guys with pretty decent track records (Leverage co-creater John Rogers for The Player and LA Complex creater Martin Gero for Blindspot).

Edited by livid

I thought the same thing for Blindspot. I love Jamie Alexander but I just don't see that premise working out for a series. It would probably make a great movie though.

Outside of People Are Talking, that can be said for all of those shows. I watched the trailer thinking there was no way they'd get more than a season out of it before they'd be throwing things at the wall and hoping something stuck.

• Like 1

The premise for Blindspot is the most ridiculous thing. Solving crimes based off clues from tattoos on a person's body sounds so stupid. It sounds like nothing but an excuse to get to show Jaimie Alexander naked as much as possible.

It's basically like they mixed the Prison Break Michael Scofield tattoo premise with The Blacklist. I think the premise itself is horrible for a TV series but could be an entertaining movie with the right script/actors.

I will always love Jamie Alexander :wub: ever since I first saw her as "Relax dude, I'm 18" Tammy in Always Sunny.