General Television Thread

Hellfire

I love Jaimie Alexander as well, she's someone who is able to blend being an ass-kicker with having a likable and strong personality very well. To me, she really is like the modern-day Lucy Lawless, back in her Xena days. Which is why I was totally on board with everybody saying she should be Wonder Woman, because she is so fucking cool.

But yeah, that totally made me think of the Blacklist mixed with Prison Break.

Anyone else watch House of Cards? Just watched the 1st episode of the second season and

Holy Fuck. Holy fucking fuck. Frank takes literally no shit from anyone.

It continues to get worse. I really need to watch Season 3. Kevin Spacy is amazing in that role.

Anyone else watch House of Cards? Just watched the 1st episode of the second season and

It continues to get worse. I really need to watch Season 3. Kevin Spacy is amazing in that role.

Very very very very VERY vague spoilers

Just as a warning and without spoiling too much:

They slow down the pace in Season 3 and make it less about the intrigues and scandals but more about the characters. So if that is why you liked the show you might end up being a tad bit disappointed. I know I was. Spacey is still amazing as Frank though.

Edited by Hellraiser

Very very very very VERY vague spoilers

Just as a warning and without spoiling too much:

They slow down the pace in Season 3 and make it less about the intrigues and scandals but more about the characters. So if that is why you liked the show you might end up being a tad bit disappointed. I know I was. Spacey is still amazing as Frank though.

I wouldn't call that spoilers. I'm okay if they dial it back and focus on the characters a bit. I enjoy Spacey's voice a lot so I like when he does the monologues.

That is literally when the show started to go off the rails for me. That character is such a good actor, I just wish they hadn't been written out in such an easy fashion. I know it'd be tough to get a name actor like that to commit to an open-ended role on a series, but the option to have that character loom over the Underwoods would be great. Heck, even just a tease in a season finale that they're still out there. (I'm trying to be vague as possible)

Frank Underwood is a great character but it's like watching LeBron James playing competitively against middle schoolers, especially in Season 2. Nobody is any match for him and everything goes according to plan.

Garrett Walker may be the dumbest and weakest fictional President ever. Heck, even John Heard's character in "My Fellow Americans" got to have one Keyzer Soze moment. This is every interaction with Frank and Walker

Walker: "Frank, I'm very upset with you. How could you do this to do me?"

Frank: "Mr. President, everybody else is lying."

Walker: "OK. I believe you."

News is coming in that Harry Shearer (voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, Principal Skinner, and others) is leaving the Simpsons effective immediately.

They won't, but I wish they'd just let that show lie now. Can't imagine it being the same with 3 pretty big characters (plus others) being re-cast.

• Like 1

Just for a clue how big this is, here's a list of just some of the regularly appearing characters he voices:

Ned Flanders

Mr Burns

Principal Skinner

Otto

Smithers

Lenny

Rainier Wolfcastle/McBain

Jasper

Dr Hibbert

Eddie The Cop

Kent Brockman

Rev. Lovejoy

Kent Brockman

Judge Snyder

Scratchy

Bummer. Poor Rod and Todd Flanders, first they lose their mom, then Mrs. Krabappel as potential stepmother, now their father will become a deaf mute or something.