General Television Thread

Hellfire

Jimmy, you've watched Bloodline. I had a friend recommended it to me but he didn't really give me a good explanation as to why I should watch it. It looks like it could be interesting but what's it about?

It might be the next TV series me and my girlfriend watch seen as though we have finished Daredevil, and our attempt at watching Oz together kinda fell apart (due to her not liking Oz). Plus I'm not entirely sure she is convinced by The Wire either.

I haven't watched all of Bloodline, but it's basically a family drama that slowly reveals secrets from the past and present when the oldest brother of the family comes home. It's well worth watching for the acting, a strong sense of place, and some genuinely good drama. It's not perfect, and takes some getting in to, but I'm really enjoying it and I've got a feeling the last 4 episodes are going to be great.

Re: Grace & Frankie, it seems to be getting good reviews on AVClub. I think the worst review I saw was one episode getting a C-, the rest have been in the B/B+/A range.

Yeah, but they gave the pilot an A-, and it was really, really average. Would rather watch Silicon Valley, and The Jinx instead. But just for you guys I might test it so more later.

Also, BoJack is back in mid July!

Edited by Jimmy

Russ is not my favorite thing to happen to Silicon Valley, but the choice of music to be playing in his car this week fucking killed me.