General Television Thread

Hellfire

I think Hannibal has a pretty decent shot at 4th season on some streaming service or other, actually.

I don't doubt that it would draw interest from those places, I'm doubting the producers' and/or studio's interest. Normally language like "producers are expected to shop it elsewhere", etc. is included because they've already been talking about doing it so the lack of that is throwing me off a bit. Maybe it's just to be expected now?

Gaumont International TV is so new that it's a little hard to gauge what they want to do with these situations like you can with a Sony (who is tireless in their efforts to find new homes for shows). Netflix would seem like the likely destination given Gaumont already has two series with them (Hemlock Grove, upcoming Narcos).

EDIT: Nevermind. https://twitter.com/DeLaurentiisCo/status/613093600256102400

Edited by livid

Yeah that tweet I linked to pretty much confirms that they ARE looking around so my theory was quite clearly wrong.

I'm still interested to see what Fuller's involvement will be though. He's not signed on past this season and he's got American Gods on Starz coming up so he may cede showrunning duties to someone else but he was planning on running both Hannibal and Mockingbird Lane so he may be up for the challenge too.

Edited by livid

Yeah that tweet I linked to pretty much confirms that they ARE looking around so my theory was quite clearly wrong.

I'm still interested to see what Fuller's involvement will be though. He's not signed on past this season and he's got American Gods on Starz coming up so he may cede showrunning duties to someone else but he was planning on running both Hannibal and Mockingbird Lane so he may be up for the challenge too.

The way he talks about Hannibal seems to me like he'll find it extremely hard to part with, it's like his child and I always thought that if it made it to his desired end he'd want to be there all the way.

This is still the worst news today, though :(

I thought Ballers was okay. It definitely felt like a pilot, a bit rushed, not too much depth etc. Will definitely stick with it, though. Dwayne Johnson is just so likeable, and I've got a feeling it'll pick up. Pretty thin on female characters, though.

• Like 2

I thought Ballers was okay. It definitely felt like a pilot, a bit rushed, not too much depth etc. Will definitely stick with it, though. Dwayne Johnson is just so likeable, and I've got a feeling it'll pick up. Pretty thin on female characters, though.

Erm.. no. There was.. that one guy's girlfriend, that one who got banged in the toilet, the fat one's wife and The Rock's date..

Loads of deep female characters.

• Like 3

Erm.. no. There was.. that one guy's girlfriend, that one who got banged in the toilet, the fat one's wife and The Rock's date..

Loads of deep female characters.

There was also girl getting banged by Agent. Vital character.