General Television Thread

Hellfire

I started watching Deadwood and got a few episodes in before I just sort of forgot I'd started watching it. It wasn't bad at all. I didn't know about the ending though.

Wayward Pines only has 3 or 4 episodes left and Lucha Underground has six so I'm going to have some open spots coming up. Might pick back up with Deadwood again at that point... unless there's something better.

Has anybody bothered with Sense8? I'm sort of in between that or Daredevil as far as other options go.

I liked Sense8. Better than Daredevil, but I'm not a huge comic guy.

For what it's worth, outside of the final stretch, Daredevil is probably the least Marvel thing Marvel has done yet. It's an incredible show, but I guess I'm not the best judge as I'm pretty much the physical embodiment of it's target audience. I'd say give it a shot at least, it's only like 13 episodes if you do end up watching it. Picks up around episode 3-4 if you start but don't see the hook.

• Like 4

For what it's worth, outside of the final stretch, Daredevil is probably the least Marvel thing Marvel has done yet. It's an incredible show, but I guess I'm not the best judge as I'm pretty much the physical embodiment of it's target audience. I'd say give it a shot at least, it's only like 13 episodes if you do end up watching it. Picks up around episode 3-4 if you start but don't see the hook.

I'm totally not the target audience and I feel bored by the series. It probably is a very good show, I just thought I'd put my two cents in.

I love Burn Notice, it wasn't the most consistent show, but it was fun as hell when it was on form, and the characters noticeably and believably grow as the show goes on. I marathoned the first three seasons to get into it and never missed it from then on.

• Like 2

New Ballers was okay. It's still a bit too style over substance. Easy enough to watch because it's The Rock in 30 minute format, but needs to start doing a little more for me. 

While I agree that so far it's nothing special, given all the comparisons it has with Entourage, what I appreciate about Ballers in comparison to Entourage is that it has actual stakes and you aren't exactly supposed to like the shitty characters that act shitty.

• Like 3

I like Ballers more and more each week. The first week everything seemed to be moving too quick and they were bouncing all over the place, but now the pace of the episodes are finding their groove, and I can't wait for next week to see A) more Ricky Jarrett and B) how buddy keeps fucking Vern over when Spence is really, truly trying to help.

New Ballers was okay. It's still a bit too style over substance. Easy enough to watch because it's The Rock in 30 minute format, but needs to start doing a little more for me. 

While I agree that so far it's nothing special, given all the comparisons it has with Entourage, what I appreciate about Ballers in comparison to Entourage is that it has actual stakes and you aren't exactly supposed to like the shitty characters that act shitty.

I tried watching Entourage the other week and couldn't get past the first couple of episodes. Every character was awful.

• Like 1