General Television Thread

Hellfire

Regarding what happened in Oz:

Hidden Content

It's not so much that it happened, it's the cheering for it to happen :shifty:

I've been watching UnReal. I expected it to be awful because Lifetime but I saw a few critics raving about it so I gave it a shot and it's great. I love that it pretty much shits on reality TV, that it's not really black and white in terms of good and evil and that the lead is an actual female anti-hero. It's not mind-blowing or anything but I'm having fun with it.

Anyone seen the new Amazon series pilots that got approved? The Man in the High Castle and Hand of God look fun as fuck, the former for the interesting premise and quality of the source material and the later purely for Ron Perlman bad ass-ery.

The trailers are here:

Two episodes into Bloodline and I'm slowly but surely falling in love with it. The acting is fantastic, the dialogue is really good and the plot is just so damn interesting. I'm getting sucked into the lives of this family and it seems to be only getting better.

• Like 1

The latest Hannibal epsode...wow...just wow...Thank god wer're done with that trainwreck of a story arc. Let's move on to better thinks once the "Red Dragon" portion of this season finally starts next week. The 5 minute trailer/teaser thingy they released has me stoked for that. 

• Like 1

Oh good, they're closing that chapter. I've hated this first half of the season, it's just not struck with me at all.

Also, I spent all day watching crap because I couldn't decide what to watch and just realised BoJack season 2 was released today. Hooray!

• Like 2

They pretty much did their version of the book/movie "Hannibal" with some unnecessary parts of "Hannibal Rising" thrown in for good measure. I don't particularly care about either book and their movie adaptations and they didn't do a good job about making me care about what they did with the story. The thing I enjoyed about this (and the only good thing to come out of "Hannibal" and "Hannibal Rising") was Mason Verger.

And it could've been much worse. They could've gone to Japan and dealt with Lady Murasaki and all that bullshit from "Hannibal Rising" that comes with her. So let's all be happy that they didn't go there.

And the plan for this show now that neither Netflix nor Amazon are picking it up and the contracts of Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy ran out seems to be to make a movie as according to Bryan Fuller both Mikkelsen and Dancy feel obligated to bring the story of Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter to a satisfying conclusion.