General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just started The Blacklist. Loving it so far and only upto the fourth episode. Everything I've heard, it just gets better. Right?

The second season of Bojack Horseman was fantastic. They upped their game in basically every way: it's darker, more dramatic, less repetitive, funnier and definitely darker. Found myself invested in a lot of the characters, and I want more already. 

• Like 3

Oh yeah, definitely for me as well. It got so dark towards the end, and BoJack's such an interesting character when they're not too obvious with it, which I think the show is occasionally guilty of, which I find more annoying than funny (like the episode about his book tour), but then they go and do something like the penultimate episode and it's just so much more dramatic than a lot of what else is on TV, and it works to such a huge extent. Would recommend everyone on here give it a go. 

• Like 2

Agreed. I enjoyed season one but this season just blew it out of the water. I just couldn't stop watching, especially in the second half of the season. The guest stars they've gotten for it are impressive as hell, too.

Right, I watched a whole episode of Jerry Springer's WWE Network thing, so which one of you is going to watch Under the Dome for me to tell me that they all die? I really hope they all die.

• Like 2

Transparent is a really good show. Tambor deserves an Emmy. Every time he is on screen, the whole scene lights up.

• Like 2

I really grew to enjoy the supporting cast as well, even though they're obviously all very flawed in various different ways. I'm hoping it's a show that really finds its feet in the second season, because while I really, really enjoyed it, it would be great if they can get to places where it doesn't rely on Tambor being incredible. 

• Like 2

Transparent is a really good show. Tambor deserves an Emmy. Every time he is on screen, the whole scene lights up.

I thought Jay Duplass was great as well. Besides Tambor, though, I thought Bradley Whitford was wonderful. He played his character so, so well.

Ballers is really coming into its own now, with the latest episode being by far the best of the run yet, in terms of both comedy and drama. The Rock definitely deserves a show like this, and he's really risen to it, because even though there are some good supporting characters now, he steals every scene he's in. Oh, and this episode was also by far the most positive for portrayal of women. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

I really grew to enjoy the supporting cast as well, even though they're obviously all very flawed in various different ways. I'm hoping it's a show that really finds its feet in the second season, because while I really, really enjoyed it, it would be great if they can get to places where it doesn't rely on Tambor being incredible. 

I dig all the primary characters, just not as much Maura. Each one of them are likeable, but all of them are flawed in their own ways. 

One thing I loved about the show was casting. Everyone was cast so perfectly. Davina, Marcy, Syd... everyone cast is just perfect for the role they've got. 

• Like 1

Ben Mendelsohn is returning for season 2 of Bloodline. I'm now a little more interested in it, but still think it works better as a one season show. It was just a damn fine story told, more has a bigger potential to ruin it than make it better.

Bloodline spoilers:

Hidden Content

I just hope when don't get Danny haunting John like Sara was haunting Danny. That was the worst part of the show, especially the one point where Sheriff Coach Taylor said 'What's she doing here?'

Also, I'm six episodes into "Review" and it's freaking amazing. It also has some of the worst cringe humor this side of "Scott's Tots." 

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah
  • Like 1