General Television Thread

Hellfire

Basically if you're really into the social commentary aspect of The Wire, like how it comments on the American sociopolitical structure, then yeah, Treme is good. It lacks the stakes and, you now, gangland politics and so on, though.

• Like 2

Killer soundtrack though. 

I'd go as far as saying that in the three years it was on, Treme was quietly one of the best series going. Absolutely great cast too. Now that you've brought it up I may have to go back and rewatch it on HBO Go.

Sweet, there's a few other dramas I'm interested in. I mean, I'd like to try out Sense 8 or something with a limited run, maybe a mini-series or something like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Alec Guinness. But then again, Treme sounds interesting, and I've still always wanted to do Deadwood. 

Sweet, there's a few other dramas I'm interested in. I mean, I'd like to try out Sense 8 or something with a limited run, maybe a mini-series or something like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Alec Guinness. But then again, Treme sounds interesting, and I've still always wanted to do Deadwood. 

Honestly, I would suggest avoiding Sense8. Far more shows deserving of your time.

It's probably just Kurt Sutter blowing smoke, but he's talking about doing a Sons of Anarchy movie.

To be honest, I have no idea why this has come up in the past few months. It looks like the article's from January.

Another episode of Hannibal. Again they keep the story close to how it played out in the book/movies. I really like Richard Armitage as Dolarhyde. I hope we get more glimpses of his past next week. I'm still not sure whether Hannibal's prison cell is really that lofty or if Hannibal is just imagining it that way in his memory palace. And I don't think the Abigail Hobbs flashbacks were necessary. I can't see what they add to the story.

My interest stalled after what I thought was a really average 5th episode. The dialogue seemed to get clunkier, and some of the ensemble are really hit and miss. I'll definitely look to finish it, maybe marathoning the last three or something, but it's definitely not even close to filling the kind of void Utopia left.