General Television Thread

Hellfire

Finished Wet Hot American Summer and loved it. Enjoyed it so much more than the film, felt it suited the format and the comedy was pretty strong. Might give Netflix's first foreign language show a proper go soon. I watched the first ten minutes, and it wasn't anything special, if a little annoying, but I'll probably revisit at some point. 

Not Safe for Work's first episode was half decent. Zawe Ashton drives it forward, and it's nice to see her playing someone so different than in Fresh Meat, but they need to flesh out some characters to make it worth the time. 

Edited by Jimmy

Another Period is the latest in a string of really good shows Comedy Central is putting out. I'm way behind because I'm watching on Hulu, where they have a significant delay between air dates and putting it on the site, but the third episode is brilliant.

• Like 2

I was a little iffy on the first episode of Difficult People (it was going for a Curb Your Enthusiasm "every plot thread ties together" finish and didn't quite manage it), but the second episode was great. If you like comedies where the protagonists are horrible, horrible people it's pretty good.

Latest Hannibal Episode

I think this is the first time they deviated from the Red Dragon story from the books and the movies based on it in a major way. And I like what they did. In the book and movies the attack on Graham's family by Dolarhyde doesn't happen until the very end of the book. Hannibal does give Dolarhyde their adress midway through the story (they threw in a nice reference to how that happened in this episode with Hannibal quipping about love letters on toilet papers) but Will and the police manage to get them out of danger before Dolarhyde can strike. I like this version more because it ups the stakes and gives will even more motivation to catch Dolarhyde. I can't wait to see how this plays out over the next episode.

And it seems like Hannibal's prison cell is really that luxurious and he isn't just imagining it. I don't think I like that. I'm also not too big on Alana Bloom having Dr. Chilton's job as director of whatever asylum they looked Lecter up in. I wish they would bring back Dr. Chilton. On the pisitive side of things no Bedelia this week. I hope last episode was the last we saw of her. But is is unlikely as she is listed as a main character fot this season.

Ripper Street S3 E2...

Sooo, uhm... I really hope Edmund isn't going to get out of that. He literally killed an innocent man in front of numerous witnesses, if he somehow gets his job back or even gets away with it then it's going to piss me off.

Great episode though, and this series has been much better than the middling of series two.

Anyone watching Scream on MTV? Its been pretty enjoyable so far and picking up.

Somebody mentioned it in here after the first few, so my fiancée and I gave it a go. It's an easy watch. US only at the moment I think so we've had to download them. We're 3 in but have 3 more ready to watch. I'm enjoying it.

Aquarius any good?

Boring and by the numbers. Feels like an extension of those wannabe Mad Men period shows like Pan Am and the Playboy Club. Basically watch it if you're bored.

Took me about fifteen minutes to dump it. Instantly felt like a standard procedural dressed up in period like you say.

Alfred Molina is great. I hope the next few episodes give us more reasons to care about the subplots with the characters outside the political scene, because I'm not sure what they are bringing to the story. But as far as the main plot goes, I'm enjoying it a lot.