Hellfire

General Television Thread

LittleDaniel    5,894

This looks soooooo much better than season ten.  I didn't even realize they were making a new season!

GhostMachine    887

Watched the pilot for The Mayor. Not sure just yet, but right now it's looking like a pass. Need another episode to be sure.

Benji    39,749

I'm trying to get into season five of The Americans but I sort of feel like it's run its course and is treading water a bit. Glad next season will be the last. I wish dramas knew you generally shouldn't go past five seasons.

livid    1,678

It is great to have Curb Your Enthusiasm back.

• Like 2

Benji    39,749
On 09/10/2017 at 14:37, livid said:

It is great to have Curb Your Enthusiasm back.

I only saw the first ep so far, but it didn't feel like it missed a step. The jump in picture quality for six years worth of technology advances was a bit jarring initially though :lol:

Moses Julep    1,547
On 10/9/2017 at 05:17, Benji said:

I'm trying to get into season five of The Americans but I sort of feel like it's run its course and is treading water a bit. Glad next season will be the last. I wish dramas knew you generally shouldn't go past five seasons.

I liked season five but more often than not it did feel like the writers were told this was the penultimate season and so they decided to stretch out a season over two.

GhostMachine    887

Already removed two new shows from my DVR recording list: Seal Team and The Mayor.

Seal Team I removed from my DVR after the first episode. The team leader going to therapy was a boring part of the whole thing, and as much as I like David Boreanaz (the only reason I gave the show a chance), The Brave is miles better. The reviews I've heard for Valor haven't been good, but I didn't plan to give it a try, anyway.

The first episode of The Mayor had a couple of laughs, but that was it. The second one I barely got halfway through before deciding it was crap. At least they made it obvious why his career was going nowhere as a rapper: the songs they used in the two episodes sucked. 

Lars Kuyt    1,450

Anyone else going to watch Mindhunter here?

Benji    39,749

I dug the first couple of episodes of The Good Place. Will definitely be watching it all. Surprised to find Chidi is my favourite character and not the ones played by Kristen Bell and Ted Danson.

• Like 3

Benjamin    5,180

You just started? You're in for a treat.

Benji    39,749

Yeah, loads of my other shows start this month so for some dumb reason I chose to add a new show with loads of episodes to my already crammed telly watching :lol:

Lars Kuyt    1,450

Guys! The new Ducktales started out fun but I'm getting annoyed by the fact that Webby seems to be the lead character. Almost no Scrooge.

I kinda did like the last episode with the throwback to stuff from an old video tape I used to watch all the time with a particular DuckTales episode.

Anjosha Baker    6,303
9 hours ago, Benji said:

I dug the first couple of episodes of The Good Place. Will definitely be watching it all. Surprised to find Chidi is my favourite character and not the ones played by Kristen Bell and Ted Danson.

I absolutely love the regular characters without the established major resumes. Great performances all around.

Colly    11,801

I did a little double take when I clicked Jameela Jamil was in it.

iDOL    4,696

The new DuckTales is really fun.

• Like 1

C-MIL    21,616
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 03:21, Lars Kuyt said:

Anyone else going to watch Mindhunter here?

I just saw the trailer and I think I might give it a shot.

I just started The Good Place too. Up to episode 4. Really digging it. 

• Like 1

Apsham    8,806

I watched the first episode of Mindhunters on Netflix and holy fuck - it has some of the best dialogue that I have ever seen in a show.

• Like 1

tristy    2,227

That's weird because one of the complaints I've heard about Mindhunters was about the dialogue. I fully intend to watch the rest, but I turned it off during the bar scene in the first episode because it was so wooden.

Benji    39,749

All caught up on The Good Place...

Spoiler

Saw all the twists coming, still great. Janet is the favourite now. Here is my favourite picture of Janet:

Spoiler

1029564.1472750402.png

• Like 1

Anjosha Baker    6,303

Last night’s Curb Your Enthusiasm was tremendous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Benji said:

All caught up on The Good Place...

Hide contents

Saw all the twists coming, still great. Janet is the favourite now. Here is my favourite picture of Janet:

Hide contents

1029564.1472750402.png

Yeah, I'm done with Season 1 now. Going to have to find somewhere to watch season 2 when it finishes.

As for your spoiler about it..

Spoiler

Same here. It became pretty obvious as we got into the latter episodes that something wasn't quite right, and the only thing I could think was "maybe it's not really the good place?" I didn't think at all that it was actually The Bad Place, but I knew something was way off.

Apsham    8,806
22 hours ago, tristy said:

That's weird because one of the complaints I've heard about Mindhunters was about the dialogue. I fully intend to watch the rest, but I turned it off during the bar scene in the first episode because it was so wooden.

Yeah actually that's my one complaint - I really have zero cares in the world for anything that has to do with him and his (eventual) girlfriend. I understand the purpose is to show how wooden and not really 'with it' that he is, and also to play off her sociology as a background eventually - but I don't think I've seen anyone complain about things outside of that. Later in that episode it really picks up and episode 2 with Ed Kemper really blew me away, because the portrayal of Kemper is VERY spot on.

Benjamin    5,180

Man, the Orville is kinda' shit :(