General Television Thread

Hellfire

Zachary Quinto is the man. I met him and talked the show with him back before season 3 came out and he was just a nice guy. The actor was phenomenal, but the writers killed his character, flopping so much between good guy and bad guy, not to mention the awful shit with him and his family shit in season three. 

That was the problem with most of the show, the writing. Especially for those three characters, which is why I'm happy to see them away from this new show.

• Like 1

Sense8 is really good. I totally get the criticism of the show, and the Wachowskis in general, but I'm a big fan of it. I'm about half way through, but the scenes in which Nomi was being held against her will and the forced surgery definitely was fucked up and made me very uncomfortable. Obviously Lana put it in the show for a reason, but man it was troubling to watch that scene.

According to several interview with Bryan Fuller he said that producer Martha de Laurentiis is still lokking into a number of possibilities to continue the show including a Kickstarter campaign to finance a future film. I like the idea of a future film based on this incarnation of Hannibal and for fans like me it would probably be great. But if this happens I'll already feel sad for the people who haven't seen the show and will watch this movie because they liked the other movies. They'll have no idea what's going on. There will be tons of exposition. But he calls the odds of a movie or a fourth season happening "less than 50/50, and not in our favor,".

Despite this he still wants to adapt "Silence Of The Lambs" in his own Hannibal universe if his efforts to negotiate with MGM concerning the adaptation rights are fruitful and if he finds someone who would finance the project. He things that his adaptation of the novel could take the form of a mini-series on the Starz network where his new show "American Gods" will soon debut. He is even dream-casting the thing. He wants Pishing Daisies Lee Pace to place Jame Gumb aka Buffalo Bill and he either wants Ellen Page or an actress of color as Clarice Starling.

Under The Dome's been cancelled. No surprise, considering the dropoff in ratings it suffered this season.

It was already said that this was going to be the final season before it even started. But...my God, its sucked hard this year. I welcome its end, because the story went down the shitter with the second episode of the season, and hasn't climbed back out. 

Edited by GhostMachine

Anyone been watching The Carmichael Show on NBC? Was pleasantly surprised to see how it funny it was, but also the serious topics it covers. Last week the Black Lives Matter movement was covered and this week transgenderism.

Also in regards to the Scream finale...

Really enjoyed the episode. Thought there were a good number of cheap jump scares as well as less filler than usual. Piper being the killer was predictable, but a good predictable and there was still some mystery regarding what the heck Audrey had to do with it all. I was surprised so many were left alive (Brooke, Jake, Emma, Kieran, Noah), but not disappointed. Super excited for season 2 and what they've got in store.

My thoughts on Scream:

Piper being the killer was a major yawn. Too much the obvious choice. I also hope what's going on with Audrey isn't what it looked like. But if it is, it makes me wonder if Audrey actually murdered Rachael, not Piper, and Audrey shot Piper more to stop her from revealing that (or that the two were working together) than to actually save Emma. Or if Piper was stupidly blackmailing Audrey, threatening to frame her for the murder....

i hope that Brooke and Jake die next season. Will be done with the show if they ever kill Noah off. (Though I've seen a few people theorize that Noah might be the one who was actually in league with Piper. I don't buy it.) Also have heard some people theorize that the bombshell Piper was going to drop is that Branden James is still alive. 

Edited by GhostMachine

Anyone been watching The Carmichael Show on NBC? Was pleasantly surprised to see how it funny it was, but also the serious topics it covers. Last week the Black Lives Matter movement was covered and this week transgenderism.

I've heard really good things about it. It might join Difficult People, Another Period, and old Doctor Who episodes in my "stream episodes during lunch" rotation.

Mr. Robot's season finale is postponed a week because it contained a "graphic scene similar in nature" to what happened in Virginia yesterday.

Gawker has the scene that was supposed to air and....yea, it was a good idea to postpone it

Warning...surprisingly graphic  for basic cable

http://morningafter.gawker.com/heres-the-mr-robot-scene-that-made-usa-postpone-its-fi-1728394632

I've heard really good things about it. It might join Difficult People, Another Period, and old Doctor Who episodes in my "stream episodes during lunch" rotation.

Is Difficult People a half hour show?  I might make that my lunch show after Veep.

For those who are interested, Adult Swim is returning to the UK on Fox next Thursday at 11pm, I was trying to catch the new American Dad episode last night and noticed they had Rick and Morty on and during the ads they were hyping the return.

And looking at the schedule they are airing Rick and Morty series one every weekday at midnight.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1