General Television Thread

Hellfire

Pleasantly surprised by how much I'm looking forward to season two of The Leftovers starting tomorrow.

I didn't even realize it was coming back! I completely forgot about it. About to watch it.

Edit: And much like the first season...I have no idea what is going on.

The first 10 minutes was weird as hell. This new fellow, John(?)...I wanna know what his deal is. Why did he burn down the guys house?

Why the hell did Kevin move all the way to Texas?

And I'm guessing the place is called 'Miracle' because the town managed to have nobody 'depart'

Edited by Ruki

Homeland return episode was really meh. I feel like The Americans has surpassed it by far with both great spy drama and great character drama.

Finally getting a chance to sit down and watch season 2 of The Leftovers, and what the fuck is this stupid intro? The season 1 intro was way better.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

it's very reactive to geek culture around the turn of the millennium from what I remember, especially the anticipation for Phantom Menace followed by the crushing disappointment of it being, well, Phantom Menace. It's sort of a time capsule to me, not unlike the way I feel about Kevin Smith's movies up to that point.

also, heads-up, EWB, Fargo comes back tonight.

Edited by GoGo YubAsuka
  • Like 2

Homeland return episode was really meh. I feel like The Americans has surpassed it by far with both great spy drama and great character drama.

Finally getting a chance to sit down and watch season 2 of The Leftovers, and what the fuck is this stupid intro? The season 1 intro was way better.

I love the new Leftovers intro! I also honestly don't even remember the other one though