General Television Thread

Hellfire

I really need to catch up on Regular Show so that I can check it out.

What's been the impact of Regular show where people live? I mean for me it's pretty much only in the category of 'worth watching if I can't be bothered to turn the tv off' but seeing as it was chosen to be the lead in to Adventure Time down here, I assumed it must be significantly more popular than I'd have thought.

So one of my shows, Minority Report, isn't going to make it a full season so I'm dropping it before it disappoints me. Has anyone watched The Game with Wesley Snipes? Just wondering if I should check that out.

First off :( I love the movie so much that even though I knew there was a possibility the tv show wouldn't live up to it, I was still excited for it.

I personally loved the Player. I've heard mixed things online though. I think 'too complicated for its own good' was mentioned a few times.

Anyone here watch Quantico so far? It's been pretty entertaining in its first two episodes.

Saw the pilot a couple of days ago. Early signs are promising.

I fell off somewhere with Regular Show sometime during Season 2. I always mean to get caught back up but I have so much other stuff going on and I feel like the episodes just kind of became one note after a while. There was some gold in season 1 though and I always invite any chance to listen to Mark Hamill.

• Like 1

Fargo S2E1:

Hidden Content

I was so sad he died early on. Same with Michael Hogan. They would have been great characters. But at least there is still Nick Offerman!

Not-Reese-Witherspoon's (Kirsten Dunst)character, not sure how I feel about her just yet. I have a feeling she is gonna end up getting her husband killed.

Edited by Ruki
I am dumb at times.

I just finished binging the entire first season of Escobar. Riveting. I especially like the use of archival footage because it helped to drive home that all this hhorrid craziness really happened. The only thing I don't like is the Holbrook character. Why does this story need to be told from the perspective of an american DEA agent? Why not give the lead role to Pedro Pascal? And if it had to be a "gringo" DEA Agent couldn't they have found someone better than Holbrook? I don't buy him in the role. He looks like an SNL parodie of a 70s cop.

Fargo S2E1:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That's Kirsten Dunst, not Reese Witherspoon. I even mentioned her in the spoiler tag you read :P

Edited by GoGo YubAsuka

So are you guys just guessing minority report is cancelled?

No, they stopped production on the remaining 3 episodes they hadn't filmed yet so it's pretty much done.

About halfway through and Amazon's Red Oaks has been pretty great so far. Paul Reiser is especially great in it. 

Edited by livid

I think I might give Fargo a chance again. I couldn't get into it last season but the previews are making me want to watch it

How did you not like Fargo last season? The first episode itself was amazing. :o

The premiere last night was promising. Didn't grab me quite like last season, but it's definitely a different feel this year and I like it already.

Edited by HC

Fargo S2E1:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That's Kirsten Dunst, not Reese Witherspoon. I even mentioned her in the spoiler tag you read :P

I have to admit, I kinda' hope we don't see Jesse Plemons get killed. I'd like it to be different than season 1, and we already had a crazy person kill his spouse happen there already. I think seeing Dunst manipulate Plemons is going to be spectacular fun. Patrick Wilson didn't feel any bit as interesting as Allison Tolmain's character, though, but hopefully that'll get expanded upon. The stuff with Brad Garrett is what piques my interest the most, though.

Can't say I'm surprised, he hasn't seemed into it for a few years now. Any word on if it will continue without him or finish up? Can't imagine there's many people able to step into his shoes.

EDIT : Oh God, I just read he's being replaced by Sandi Toksvig. No need to watch QI any longer.

So I just got told iZombie is similar to Dead Like Me in its humour. Is that accurate? I'll be honest, I totally poo-pooed the show because its concept and name seemed stupid, but comparing it to DLM is a big thumbs up for me.

i have no idea what Dead Like Me is, but it's a lot like Veronica Mars, the main character does a lot of narration and I almost got surprised once or twice when Kristen Bell didn't show on my screen. It's a super fun show, I highly recommend it.

What's wrong with Toksvig? She is perfect for that role. She has been in a similar role for years on Radio 4 as well so she should fit in fine. 

That said, I would have personally tried to get Richard Herring.