General Television Thread

Hellfire

The Leftovers Season 2, Episode 5.

Huh...that was an episode. Matt just has the worst story....I don't mean bad, I mean I feel so bad for him. Just everything goes terribly for him. He gets attacked a whole lot!

Reading up on The Expanse, sounds like it could be really good. That and Legends of Tomorrow seem like they could be fun sci-fi shows.

Also, has anyone watched Scream Queens? I don't want to start because it's Ryan Murphy and he always goes of the rails with his shows, but I saw an advert the other day and it looked quite amusing.

Jon Stewart has signed a 4 year deal with HBO to produce content for their HBO Go/Now services.

It also includes potential movie/TV ventures but the focus is on their SVOD service. Pretty similar to the deal they gave Bill Simmons and shows just how serious they are about beefing up their content on the streaming service. 

Kinda glad people aren't flat out posting spoilers. Don't mind knowing it's good without anything being spoiled for me.

This weeks Fargo *spoiler tags* does nothing for me!

Only seen the opening episode up to now, but have 2 and 3 recorded I think. Hope to watch another soon, as the first one was very good. 

On 02/11/2015, 13:22:00, Benji The Friendly Ghost said:

Seriously contemplating getting Amazon Prime for The Man in The High Castle this month and Mr Robot. I hate that it's one bulk payment though, really shitty.

TMITHC is only two episodes, so you'd be better off finding that another way of that is a main reason for you getting Prime.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2015, 7:13:44, Benji The Friendly Ghost said:

Reading up on The Expanse, sounds like it could be really good. That and Legends of Tomorrow seem like they could be fun sci-fi shows.

Also, has anyone watched Scream Queens? I don't want to start because it's Ryan Murphy and he always goes of the rails with his shows, but I saw an advert the other day and it looked quite amusing.

Scream Queens stinks. If Abigail Breslin wasn't in it, I'd probably never checked it out at all. And Jamie Lee Curtis must need the money or something. 

• Like 1

I think Ryan Murphy shows are just fun for actors to do, or something. There's really no other explanation for why he gets the casts he gets. You get to play big and hammy and ridiculous and if you don't like your character's direction, wait a week and suddenly it'll be a whole new thing to play.

• Like 2