General Television Thread

Hellfire

English is my husbands second language and he nearly died at the line in Masters of None about not understanding anything that was said during Sherlock and just loving the visuals. My husband finds it impossible to understand British people and always says "that movie looked cool, but I didn't understand most of that."

• Like 1

Didn't know where else to put this, but Charlie Sheen's going to be on The Today Show tomorrow morning and is saying he's got a "big announcement" to make during his interview with Matt Lauer. Both Radar Online and the National Enquirer are reporting that it's that Sheen, 50, is HIV positive.

4 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Didn't know where else to put this, but Charlie Sheen's going to be on The Today Show tomorrow morning and is saying he's got a "big announcement" to make during his interview with Matt Lauer. Both Radar Online and the National Enquirer are reporting that it's that Sheen, 50, is HIV positive.

Actually, HIV is Charlie Sheen positive.

Seriously, though, sucks big time if its true. Good thing HIV isn't an automatic death sentence anymore, though.

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

Well, that was an ass clenching episode of Fargo. Jeeze...

Hidden Content

Also, that scene with Bear and Nick Offerman? That may have been one of the best of the entire series. Bear might be my favorite character of this season...him and Mike Milligan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Onion Apsham said:

w/ Bob & David is amazing and so is the new John Mulaney special.

I've been meaning to watch /w Bob and David, but keep forgetting. Thanks for reminding me, Sham. 

Now six episodes into The Knick and really, really impressed so far. All the stories are starting to weave together, and the cast are excellent. I really like the auteur aspect to the show, and it's so refreshing to see a director stamp their authority on a TV show. 

First two episodes of Catastrophe Series 2 are great, it's completely got picked up where it left off in terms of quality.

Oh, and finished Master of None. Haven't got enough good things to say about the show, especially the way it addressed and tackled a number of self-contained issues that somehow seemed to give the show a real sense of identity. 

After I finish The Knick, I'm thinking of giving any of River, The Last Kingdom or London Spy a go. I haven't watched too many British dramas in the last few months and heard good things about the first two and want to watch the last one for the cast. 

The Bastard Executioner has been canceled and it seems that Kurt Sutter is actually a 2007 era EWB Diary writer.

Sutter explained himself further in an interview with THR, telling the publication that he’s very upset about the show’s premature end and the fact that it never really caught on with audiences the way Sons Of Anarchy had. It seems that, contrary to popular opinion, the showrunner isn’t dreaming up new (old) ways of torture purely for his own amusement.

“I don’t write in a vacuum. I’m not the guy sitting in my ivory tower spitting shit out not caring if anyone is watching. I like an audience. I don’t want to write something that nobody’s f—ing watching.”

http://www.avclub.com/article/kurt-sutter-announces-cancellation-bastard-executi-228578

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Now six episodes into The Knick and really, really impressed so far. All the stories are starting to weave together, and the cast are excellent. I really like the auteur aspect to the show, and it's so refreshing to see a director stamp their authority on a TV show. 

First two episodes of Catastrophe Series 2 are great, it's completely got picked up where it left off in terms of quality.

Oh, and finished Master of None. Haven't got enough good things to say about the show, especially the way it addressed and tackled a number of self-contained issues that somehow seemed to give the show a real sense of identity. 

After I finish The Knick, I'm thinking of giving any of River, The Last Kingdom or London Spy a go. I haven't watched too many British dramas in the last few months and heard good things about the first two and want to watch the last one for the cast. 

I'm swinging back and forth on River but the Last Kingdom has been excellent for the three episodes I've watched so far. I do have a soft spot for Bernard Cornwell stuff though.

I'm surprised I haven't heard any "Kurt Sutter lashes out at reviewers" stories, given that The Bastard Executioner was really poorly received and whenever AVClub or other media outlets would give Sons episodes less-than-stellar grades, he'd go on diatribes about how they don't know what the fuck they're doing and they're idiots and say it to my face, etc.