General Television Thread

Hellfire

I'm an episode behind on FOTB but it's so good. I could watch Honey suffering through being Jessica Huang's only friend forever.

REMINDER: We're half a month away from the ballots opening for EWB's Favorite TV Show 2015. It's a nightmare this year for me. I am for sure going to be omitting at least one show I really love; it's tough right now and I haven't even watched Master of None (with Jessica Jones coming out in a couple days).

• Like 3

On 11/18/2015, 11:48:33, Jimmy said:

Now six episodes into The Knick and really, really impressed so far. All the stories are starting to weave together, and the cast are excellent. I really like the auteur aspect to the show, and it's so refreshing to see a director stamp their authority on a TV show. 

First two episodes of Catastrophe Series 2 are great, it's completely got picked up where it left off in terms of quality.

Oh, and finished Master of None. Haven't got enough good things to say about the show, especially the way it addressed and tackled a number of self-contained issues that somehow seemed to give the show a real sense of identity. 

After I finish The Knick, I'm thinking of giving any of River, The Last Kingdom or London Spy a go. I haven't watched too many British dramas in the last few months and heard good things about the first two and want to watch the last one for the cast. 

Watch the Last Kingdom, Jimmy, I need someone to gush over it with. It's amazing.

On 11/19/2015, 9:46:20, GoGo Yubari said:

I'm an episode behind on FOTB but it's so good. I could watch Honey suffering through being Jessica Huang's only friend forever.

REMINDER: We're half a month away from the ballots opening for EWB's Favorite TV Show 2015. It's a nightmare this year for me. I am for sure going to be omitting at least one show I really love; it's tough right now and I haven't even watched Master of None (with Jessica Jones coming out in a couple days).

If you don't extend the votes to like 20 shows or something I might kill myself for leaving shows out. I also thought of the idea of separating Comedy and Drama like the Emmys, but there's probably just as many issues as it does with that. 

You also forgot The Man in the High Castle comes out on the same days as Jessica Jones.

14 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

If you don't extend the votes to like 20 shows or something I might kill myself for leaving shows out. I also thought of the idea of separating Comedy and Drama like the Emmys, but there's probably just as many issues as it does with that. 

I thought about it and then realized that that's more work and immediately bailed.

Three in a row!

Fargo, S2E7

...so you tell a guy that if he doesn't finish the job, they are going to send a super awesome killed named 'The Undertaker' after him. Then they tell him that 'The Undertaker' is coming....and then that he has arrived. And this super awesome killer doesn't go in guns a-blazing? What did he expect? Mike to just roll over and die?

Also! Bear! Must not have been easy to kill his niece. Still love him. And Dodd is getting his comeuppance! He's been in the trunk of a car for days!

One more thing: What the heck did she find in that study? What was with all the symbols and shit?

Only three more episodes to go.

I doubt many people on here, if anyone at all, is watching Blindspot but I've been enjoying it. It's not exactly anything you have to think hard about and it's quite predictable but it's still been pretty fun. It just had it's mid season Finale until January and again, the reveal was predictable but it still has me wondering where they're going to go with it from here.

Also, the new episode of Scorpions totally did not bring the tears. Nope, not at all. :crying: 

On 11/22/2015, 12:22:18, Ruki said:

Sad. But I saw it coming. It's on so sporadically that they can't get a solid enough fan base. The last two episodes will rock.

Mmmhmm. I am a huge fan of the show, but the way that it airs - it's impossible for me to even get excited about new episodes when they're spaced so oddly apart.

Sweet, I'll jump that up my list. The cast alone was enough to get me intrigued. 

Onto the last episode of The Knick. I've been thoroughly impressed with everything I've seen so far, and very interested to see how they'll wrap up the season. Clive Owen has been absolutely outstanding, as have the rest of the supporting cast. 

There's just too much good television to try and watch at the moment. We even seem to be chipping in with our fair share of very good TV at the moment.