General Television Thread

Hellfire

Venture Bros is two episodes in to season 6 and it's still as great as ever.

"I know! I'll pretend that I can't find the clean-up towel and leave her caked in my sticky triumph! Will that help?"
"I hate that you tell me this stuff."

10 hours ago, Benji said:

How reliant is the new X-Files on the old mythos? I've seen all season one and probably a lot of the show sporadically over the years, but if it'd be better to watch the original run first then I'd rather do that.

I'm in the same boat, watched the first 3 or 4 when I was younger with some random others, so I'm cherrypicking old ones before I watch the new stuff. Not sure if you'd need to, but I'm using this list:

https://www.inverse.com/article/10355-get-the-full-x-files-backstory-with-our-mythology-episode-viewing-guide

I'd rather an "all or nothing" route to be honest, I don't like picking and choosing, but thanks for the list.

Got past episode three of Mr Robot last night. The second and third episodes aren't nearly as good as the first, but it's still fun. Weirdly, the worst part of the show seems to be Christian Slater, who I usually love.

First Fuller House trailer...I admit I chuckled more then I expected to..

• Like 2

I had no idea American Crime Story is an anthology show. Makes sense. The second season's premise has already been announced too, it'll follow 7-8 people through Hurricane Katrina.

I watched the first three and one episode of four, but the first was by far the best. The second was good but couldn't decide what it wanted to be, the third was just absolutely naff, and the episode of the fourth seemed like it had absolutely fallen into that classic Ryan Murphy abyss.

I think it's in large part because I was only like 9 when it happened, but I never realized until watching American Crime Story that the car chase was such a huge spectacle. Also, does Ryan Murphy have his fingers in every anthology series on TV now or what?

• Like 1

Yeah, I had no idea about Al Cowling or the suicide attempts. I remember watching the chase on TV, but I didn't really get what was going on and kind of got bored of it.