General Television Thread

Hellfire

The third season of Please Like Me seems to be where it jumped the shark. It used to be happy in the face of bad shit happening (and was probably the closest thing to real life on television), now it's just ennui and removing all the fun stuff that made it great with boring political shoehorning devoted to monogamy and feminism. The first few episodes were great then the wheels fell off hard. 

I know a lot of it was based on the real life of the writer so I can only guess they'd either mined it dry or they caught up to real life and he was left needing to be creative rather than relying on past experience.  

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:10, apsham said:

I remember the car chase but I apparently didn't have any details about it right - I thought OJ was driving and that the cop pursuit was far more intense than it actually was.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:17, Cloudy said:

Yeah, I had no idea about Al Cowling or the suicide attempts. I remember watching the chase on TV, but I didn't really get what was going on and kind of got bored of it.

I was having this same discussion all week.

Zero memory of him having a gun.

I can't help but believe they kept that out of the initial coverage.

It really shows how much news coverage has changed over the past few years and, in some ways, how much of a role this whole thing played in it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benji said:

I've heard good things elsewhere about Crazy Ex Girlfriend despite the awful title, can anyone here vouch for it?

I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes and I enjoyed it. But for some reason I couldn't handle it being an hour long.

On 2/13/2016 at 14:23, C-MIL said:

I was having this same discussion all week.

Zero memory of him having a gun.

I can't help but believe they kept that out of the initial coverage.

It really shows how much news coverage has changed over the past few years and, in some ways, how much of a role this whole thing played in it.

It wasn't kept out of the coverage

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

fyi @JimmyThe Night Manager starts on BBC One this coming Sunday evening.

Very, very excited. 

War & Peace proved to be very, very good.

The outstanding Happy Valley is back and as good as ever. 

If the Night Manager's a hit, it'll have been a fantastic 18 months for the BBC.

• Like 1

Oh shit, Full Frontal was tonight! Shit. The faux-Werner Herzog of the Bush campaign was one of the sharpest things Fake News has done about this election cycle.

• Like 1