General Television Thread

Hellfire

Haven't read any of the reviews but I've seen the headlines, and most of them are pretty positive. Not "this is amazing, revolutionary stuff" but more "it's a good show with some flaws."

• Like 1

AVClub gave the pilot a B grade, and the first five episodes got an overall B+ grade. I meant to watch it as well, but I forgot to set my DVR. Going to catch it on HBOGo sometime before the second episode airs. 

EDIT: Also, last night's Fresh Off The Boat was so 90s it hurt. I loved it. 

http://phillipgoldsteinhasbadopinions.com/

On 16 February 2016 at 14:53, Benji said:

Moved online exclusive, it's not like it actually closed.

It has such a good opportunity to start making some more exciting work now, would love to see them invest in some original dramas and comedies and actually make the most of the online market. It's a great time to start inviting new talent (e.g me, c'mon beeb) to start making content of varying length. I'm not optimistic, but it'd be nice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Benji said:

I'd like that too, but I honestly expect they'll just go for more "Don't Tell The Bride" kind of rubbish.

Swear I read they're supposedly scrapping that, and other programmes like it, but like you, I'm not confident at all in what they'll put on instead. 

On 2/17/2016 at 12:45, RPS said:

Vinyl, the new HBO show about rock and roll and cocaine, debuted to 764,000 viewers. 

Hope no one here was a fan. 

Aaaaaand it's been renewed. HBO!

Also, Full Frontal is really good. Feels like Wilmore tonally (basically abandoning the "fake news" pretense) but with better jokes. And once-a-week a la Oliver is a great call too.

• Like 1