General Television Thread

Hellfire

10 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Aaaaaand it's been renewed. HBO!

I guess they do need content for HBO Go, so maybe they don't care about the TV ratings?

Yeah, that's probably part of it, along with the reviews being good and the people making it being people they want to stay in business with. I think there's a pretty low bar for getting a second season on HBO; the only thing I can think of that I watched that didn't in the last couple years was Family Tree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Yeah, that's probably part of it, along with the reviews being good and the people making it being people they want to stay in business with. I think there's a pretty low bar for getting a second season on HBO; the only thing I can think of that I watched that didn't in the last couple years was Family Tree.

They renewed Looking for a second season with far worse ratings, but I think HBO really hoped the GLBT community would latch onto it in the second season. 

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Why didn't Hello Ladies get the benefit of the doubt too? :(

Because no high profile people were attached to it :(. 

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Fifteen minutes into Heroes Reborn and I've already physically cringed three times.

Keeping in the spirit of Heroes, Reborn is the same quality. Naff.

On February 12, 2016 at 10:18, Cloudy said:

I think it's in large part because I was only like 9 when it happened, but I never realized until watching American Crime Story that the car chase was such a huge spectacle. Also, does Ryan Murphy have his fingers in every anthology series on TV now or what?

I swear I'm the only person that has no memory of it that actually remembers everything else. We were moving and I think we didn't have the TV set up yet. This week's episode was a bit of a drop off. They had to spend too much time introducing the "Dream Team" and the cold open with the Kardashian children felt really forced.

19 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Keeping in the spirit of Heroes, Reborn is the same quality. Naff.

It's definitely worse, but I agree it wasn't a high platform to begin with. Coupled with the fact for some reason 5* isn't in HD on Sky I think I'm tapping out very early.

Finally got to the end of the current AHS season last night. It was certainly better than the last couple, but definitely not must watch stuff. Lady Gaga was surprisingly great though. And Evan Peters was really good again.

I read that the next season could be focussing on Slenderman, which definitely interests me. But if it winds up like this season and doesn't pull me in from the start, I don't think I'll bother.