General Television Thread

Hellfire

Fuller House renewed for a 2nd season

• Like 1

On 3/3/2016 at 14:04, GoGo Yubari said:

Ian McShane has been cast as Mr. Wednesday in American Gods. So perfect I can't believe it's actually happening.

Oh wow that actually sounds incredibly freaking perfect. I can picture it instantly.

On 03/03/2016 at 06:04, GoGo Yubari said:

Ian McShane has been cast as Mr. Wednesday in American Gods. So perfect I can't believe it's actually happening.

I can't see him as anyone other than Lovejoy 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Same here, even if he's occasionally cowboy Lovejoy or pirate Lovejoy.

It might even go full circle and we get antique hunter Lovejoy

13 minutes ago, Colly said:

For me he's still hunting antiques while he's a pirate or cowboy.

I dunno how he hunted antiques when he was Prison Mechanic Lovejoy

7 eps into Broad City and v happy to have found a new easy comedy to watch. 

Also got two episodes of Love left, which I'm getting through slower cos I watch it with my girlfriend, which I also think is very good -- it's nice seeing Gillian Jacobs take centre stage, she's great.

• Like 1

That reminds me that I haven't watched any of this season of Broad City yet. I assume you're on S1, which is a great season, but episodes 9 & 10 are the big standouts for me. 9 has a great character for Amy Sedaris, and 10 guest stars Amy Poehler and Seth Morris and is a great episode.

• Like 1

Into the first 3 episodes of Love, didn't like the third as much as the first two, but that's not saying that I hated it but that I loved episodes 1 & 2. Episode 2 was probably the best, and so my early diagnosis is that this show is at its strongest when Gus and Mickey are together then when they're separated. 

Blindspot is back. Is it sad that I forgot about that show while it was on break? I enjoy it even though it's not ground breaking or anything. You'd have thought it would have come back with a bang but this episode really just continued on with the usual stuff and didn't really reveal that much.

6 hours ago, apsham said:

It's been a week straight of my roommate refusing to stop talking about the 'lesbian death trope'. Is that a thing that I wasn't aware of?

My mind immediately went to the Bury Your Gays trope, and then a cursory search indicated that yes, at some point the trope was called (or had a trope that was merged with it called) Dead Lesbian Syndrome. So yes, it's sort of a thing.

I'm on episode six of Mr Robot but it feels like it's largely fallen apart. I'm forcing myself through it, but none of the promise of the pilot really feels like it's been fulfilled. Hopefully the end stretch picks back up, especially since Craig Robinson just got cast in season two and I love me some Craig Robinson.