General Television Thread

Hellfire

Happy Valley and The Night Manager have both been outstanding so far, it feels like a real dawn for British Television at the moment. I watched a show called Doctor Thorne on Sunday, which was alright and finding its feet, but was incredibly surprised to find out it stars Alison Brie. There's a few more exciting shows I need to catch up on, and a few that have just come out, but this is definitely positive for our industry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benji said:

I'm on episode six of Mr Robot but it feels like it's largely fallen apart. I'm forcing myself through it, but none of the promise of the pilot really feels like it's been fulfilled. Hopefully the end stretch picks back up, especially since Craig Robinson just got cast in season two and I love me some Craig Robinson.

from my experience, I thought it started well and then started getting super-messy midway through and then in the last three or four episodes got its shit together.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2016 at 17:24, Benkid Nada said:

First one is 40 minutes! :angry:

That's only another 10 mins!

Also, Love is great!

• Like 1

Jesus, American Crime Story is really fucking phenomenal. Honestly wondering if with Mad Men and Parks and Rec gone, Fargo not back until next year, and Game of Thrones declining it's going to end up being my #1 show at the end of the year.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2016 at 18:38, GoGo Yubari said:

from my experience, I thought it started well and then started getting super-messy midway through and then in the last three or four episodes got its shit together.

Yeah, episode seven picked up a lot, then episode eight smacked me in the face.

So the trailer for Vice Principals was released, but I can't find it on YouTube, only a Facebook video.

Hope that works for everyone. Danny McBride vs Walton Goggins. Oh my!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benji said:

No but I want to cause Felicity Huffman is a personal favourite.

She had one particular showcase episode in which I found her outstanding. Having finished season two, though, I will just say that this was harrowing stuff and I need to go play with some puppies now. 

2 hours ago, Hans GruLLer said:

So the trailer for Vice Principals was released, but I can't find it on YouTube, only a Facebook video.

Hope that works for everyone. Danny McBride vs Walton Goggins. Oh my!

Saw this earlier today and the fact it's McBride and Goggins has me giddy.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Next one is New Orleans after Catrina. Not really sure how that'll work.

They'll film her giving the flood walls the Lick of Death and it'll all escalate from there.

• Like 3

Renewal news: The CW has renewed basically everything. Everything. All the superhero shows, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (the situation is a bit more nuanced than that!), Supernatural for season eight billion, all of it.

• Like 2