General Television Thread

Hellfire

5 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Renewal news: The CW has renewed basically everything. Everything. All the superhero shows, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (the situation is a bit more nuanced than that!), Supernatural for season eight billion, all of it.

This is the best news ever. 

Really wished they didn't renew Legends of Tomorrow, though.

8 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

I have only been pimping it these last few posts :shifty:

I started House of Cards S4. I don't know what I'm watching this. I mean it's pleasant but nothing mind-blowing.

The UK version is good. Not as long. Like, 4 episodes long.

9 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Well, they were too late :angry: Now I've got to catch up on like 2 seasons!

I've been getting shat on for not watching Billions. Highly recommended, or can I just watch it a little later, when there isn't so much to watch?

I like Billions in the trashy, kind of enjoyable bon-mot dialogue kind of way. Nothing special though.

44 minutes ago, MDK said:

The UK version is good. Not as long. Like, 4 episodes long.

I liked it. The last season was awful though. 

6 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Huh, really? I've not gotten the impression that it's anything more than a B-tier Showtime show.

I've had like 3 people come up to me in the past week and pimp it to me.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

I hate March to May/June. My tellybox is too full of shows :(

I'm already behind on so many. Catching up on American Crime, The Affair, 11.22.63, Angie Tribeca, and now if I add Billions? There's probably other stuff I'm missing too.

Daredevil coming out this weekend doesn't help, either.

Episode 6 of American Crime was incredible. HOW HAVE I NOT WATCHED THIS SHOW. It being a John Ridley show should have attracted me straight away.

Also, I'm starting to sour on Night Manager. Just feels pretty average, though I do like the acting at times.

Apparently the company behind the prospective Y: The Last Man TV adaptation are the same people behind the American Crime Story. This gives me a lot of hope that this adaptation will be awesome and not a horrid mess like the New Line one with sodding Shia Leboeuf attached sounded.

After getting annoyed that 5 Star HD didn't exist I gave up after episode one, then realised it was HD on On Demand, but then episode two vanished so I fucked it off. Episode one was horrendously bad, and Noah Bennett as the only returning character (pretty much) just killed it.