General Television Thread

Hellfire

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

On paper that has the potential to be really good. I was always pissed off that Fry never turned up in an episode of House, there was even a little reference to Blackadder during its run.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Pilot for Man In The High Castle feels really slow. Does the pace pick up?

It depends on what you are expecting. I read the book before I watched the series. Now, I thought the book was good, not his best work, but it was still very good. The series I thought was alright, but they seem to use up almost all of the books story within the first two episodes. Its quite slow paced. But who cares? Rufus Sewell is amazing. Need a Nazi? Hire a Brit. 

From what I remember it was quite slow paced at the start. It almost felt like it wasn't going anywhere, but I kinda like that. I'm a sucker for alternate history >_>

For me, the Man in the High Castle is the kind of show you'd watch when you don't have a huge backlog of shows already, Benji. It'll just make you feel like going "goddamn it, why is there so much time of nothing happening? I could be using this hour to get up to date on Better Call Saul".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hans GruLLer said:

Larz, are you trying to pick a fight with me?

I think he is. He said YO MAMMA SO FAT WHEN SHE HAULS ASS SHE TAKES TWO TRIPS but I'm not trying to start anything. 

Series 2 of Happy Valley confirmed for me that it's my favourite show that Britain has ever produced; it's a breathtaking series of unrivalled quality. Sally Wainwright's writing and Sarah Lancashire's acting have combined to create one of the finest character's I've seen on TV or Film. I thought the finale the other night was excellent, and I really think some of our American members should seek it out. BBC is having a great start to 2016 as The Night Manager continues to be a star-studded old fashioned thriller which goes from strength to strength each week. 

I've still got Grantchester and Stag to catch up with, and I'm really interested in watching Murder and Thirteen; the former because of its format, the latter because it's BBC 3's first online exclusive. At some point I'm gonna have to try and find time for Better Call Saul and Daredevil, because the only US show I'm watching at the moment is Broad City, which is just great. 

I really liked this week's Night Manager actually, first one I've considered above average, although I rolled my eyes like crazy at the romance part that's happening, it's so freaking boring. The script is absolutely superb, though, and is the main reason I'm sticking with it (besides shots of Tom Hiddleston without his shirt on, obviously).