General Television Thread

Hellfire

The BBC has produced literally decades of amazing comedy, including gems that it hides away on BBC4 never to be seen again, but for some reason the only thing it repeats are Dads Army (brilliant) and topical news quizzes like Mock the Weak that are irrelevant once they aren't topical. :/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Colly said:

The BBC has produced literally decades of amazing comedy, including gems that it hides away on BBC4 never to be seen again, but for some reason the only thing it repeats are Dads Army (brilliant) and topical news quizzes like Mock the Weak that are irrelevant once they aren't topical. :/

I wonder if that has anything to do with the new little shop they've opened up where you can buy shows like 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benjrie Mode said:

Vera Farmiga (sp?) is great. She perfectly balances that line between concerned and inappropriate mother. You can entirely see why that and other factors make Norman who he becomes.

I'm only on ep 7 or so but at some point I fully expect her to breast feed him

• Like 4

Just now, thatshortguy said:

Season one was pretty good to me.  Especially liked Emma and the Sheriff.

So far its been pretty good. Apart from Emma's dad being a scouser >_>

It's gotten average reviews. 78% on Rotten Tomatoes. I know AVClub reviewed the first six episodes and gave it a B+, so maybe it does get better. I wasn't really super impressed by the pilot, though.

So no one has anything to say about the amazing finale of "American Crime Story"? I can't beleive how good this show was. I don't know how it holds up for people who witnessed the trial as it happened but for someone like me who only had superficial knowledge about the case (I knew about the murder, I knew about the glove that didn't fit, I knew that he was acquitted and I knew that a lot of people thought he was guilty but that was about it) it was very gripping despite knowing the outcome of it all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

So no one has anything to say about the amazing finale of "American Crime Story"? I can't beleive how good this show was. I don't know how it holds up for people who witnessed the trial as it happened but for someone like me who only had superficial knowledge about the case (I knew about the murder, I knew about the glove that didn't fit, I knew that he was acquitted and I knew that a lot of people thought he was guilty but that was about it) it was very gripping despite knowing the outcome of it all.

How good was the finale? I knew how it ended but I was still gripped. So good. And the casting was superb. 

• Like 1

Currently on episode two of three of Childhood's End. Having never read the novel, this is great stuff. Well worth watching if you have six hours to burn. A few moments early on where suspension of logic is required for the purpose of the story, but worth it.

20 hours ago, Benjrie Mode said:

Pilot of Colony. First instinct is that it's mediocre and probably won't get much better. Am I on the money or should I stick with it?

I gave up on it after 3 or 4 episodes. I've talked to people who watched the entire season and say it gets better, but what I've been told about the subsequent episodes wasn't enough to make me go back to watching. 

*edit*

And there's no point in continuing to watch if you plan to do so just to see the aliens. They never did show them. That, to me, is one of the reasons I stopped caring.

Not sure I ever needed to bother tagging that, but I'd rather not have someone whine about dropping a spoiler that's not all that major.

Edited by GhostMachine

Another series of The Night Manager has pretty much been ruled out. And I'm fine with that. No need to stretch out a book that they've already got to the end of.

• Like 2