General Television Thread

Hellfire

13 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

Peaky Blinders season 3 was insane.

Am I the only one watching Peaky Blinders? That show is fucking fantastic.

I have it on my watchlist, but there is just a ton sitting there for me to delve into.

Speaking of my watchlist, has anyone watched the second season of Bloodline? Is it as good as the first? @Jimmy?

Looking at upcoming shows, Conviction has a solid cast but I really don't care for the shows premise:

Hayes Morrison, a lawyer and former first-daughter, is blackmailed into heading the new Conviction Integrity Unit in New York City, which was created to re-examine cases where there is credible suspicion of wrongful conviction. She works with other lawyers, detectives, and forensic experts to identify those wrongfully convicted.

Emily Kinney, Shawn Ashmore, Eddie Cahill and most importantly Hayley Atwell are involved, but ehhhhhhh that premise.

Not nearly as bad as the hilariously named Designated Survivor though:

An explosion on the night of the State of the Union kills the President and all members of the Cabinet except for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Tom Kirkman, who had been named the designated survivor. Kirkman is immediately sworn in as President.

Good luck with that one Kiefer >_>

My very long list for upcoming shows is...

• American Gods
  • Conviction
  • Counterpart
  • Emerald City
  • Empire of the Dead
  • I'm Dying Up Here
  • Kevin Can Wait
  • Lethal Weapon
  • Man with a Plan
  • Powerless
  • Riverdale
  • Roadies
  • Sharp Objects
  • Shots Fired
  • Son of Zorn
  • Super Sad True Love Story
  • The Deuce
  • The Good Place
  • The Mick
  • The Young Pope
  • Timeless
  • Trial & Error
  • Vice Principals
  • Westworld
  • When We Rise

Not a chance in hell I watch them all, at least half will be cancelled before they stand a chance to come to the UK, and before I even get to them most likely, the other half will be killed off with poor/mixed reviews, leaving me with American Gods and nothing else :shifty:

I've already got so much backlog without even thinking of shows coming up, and yet I'm still spending my free time rewatching Parks and Rec from season 1. About 9 episodes into season 2 now, and I fucking miss this show like mad. The way the quality show way up in season 2 from season 1 is still a bit jarring, but so fucking rewarding.

On 11/06/2016 at 17:21, Benkid Nada said:

Caught up on so much TV today. Full Frontal with Samantha Bee is still funny as fuck, I'm glad UnREAL is back in a big way (although the way this season looks to be heading, I might regret wanting a second season), and Angie Tribeca is even more weird and even more amazing this season.

Oh, and I watched the first two episodes of Preacher, really liked them both. Looks to be a damn well made show so far.

I'm liking the two episodes of UnREAL so far. It feels quite unique and that scene with Rachel telling Madison what to do was brutal! 

Plus it has a great tagine that marketing must hate not being able to use: "money, dick, power." 

On 6/16/2016 at 06:03, Benji said:

Supernatural S11E9

Reveal hidden contents

Oh man, the scene where Lucifer reveals he's been playing Sam and God was never helping him. Mark Pellegrino is so damned good. Got proper chills from that build to delivery.

Almost as good as the Lustiel reveal

Loophole!

Ron Lester passed away. People probably remember him as "Spatch" in Good Burger, or as Seidleman (a bully) in a few episodes of Freaks & Geeks. He was also regular cast on the TV series Popular, and in 2001 had gastric bypass surgery and lost 348 lbs. He was hospitalized with liver and kidney issues once last November, and again this past week. Last night he requested he be taken off life support, and died shortly thereafter.