General Television Thread

Hellfire

Lost is totally worth the watch, especially if you're going to be bulk watching it. (The series tends to just make more sense when you watch it that way.)

I definitely agree with this - I didn't get into Lost until the fourth series started on TV. So, I bought 1-3 on DVD, watched it all within a couple of weeks and it was much easier to understand both the myriad connections between the characters and the underlying mythology that comes with the island. I will warn you though, the first couple of series really only scratch the surface of the general mysterious weirdness that later occurs.

All in all though, there are two main reasons to give Lost a watch:

1) Michael Emerson

2) Josh Holloway

These two characters alone probably account for over half of the awesome moments during the history of the show.

While easily two of my favourite characters, you can't forget about the awesomeness that is Charlie, Hurley, Desmond, Juliet, Ethan, Richard, Echo, Frank and Locke.

While easily two of my favourite characters, you can't forget about the awesomeness that is Charlie, Hurley, Desmond, Juliet, Ethan, Richard, Echo, Frank and Locke.

Yeah, they definitely all have their moments (especially John-ity Locke and Desmond "Y'ALRIGHT THERE BROTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Hume, as I call them). Have to admit Faraday and Straume have been great additions too. Am sadly, due to a lack of Sky TV, only up to half way through Season 5 - but, a friend o' mine's just bought the entire series, so I'm going to attempt to nab it off him soon. Still won't be entirely up to date, but at least I'll have a better inkling as to what the hell is going on laugh.gif.

Has anyone else been noticing a decline in quality from 30 Rock? sad.gif It feels like it's been on a downward slope since the second half of Series 3.

Just checked out the first episode of The Sopranos and it just didn't hold my interest at all. I don't know why, just didn't interest me.

Just checked out the first episode of The Sopranos and it just didn't hold my interest at all. I don't know why, just didn't interest me.

I'd watch a couple more episodes before giving it a pass though. Really, really good show.

The episode of Burn Notice with Jay Harrington is glorious. tongue.gif I couldn't stop laughing when Michael is in the Priest Uniform and Sam is the Melon Salesman.

Though episodes like this really make me wish we could get an insight into Fi & Sam's respective histories.

Just caught up on Heroes in the UK, finishing episode 12. I have to say - it's really picked up and I'm loving it. It's showing signs of being as good as the first season. I think it helps to watch a bunch of Heroes episodes in a go, instead of one a week. I'm loving some of the overarcing stories; even if it does become slightly muddled at times - I'm really into it.

Alias - Season 3 had also started strong. Good times for my TV watching.

Seriously guys, if you haven't yet, start watching The Pacific, its absolutely brilliant, wow...

Why bother? I already know how it ends. shifty.gif

I am so gonna remember this and spoil something for you in the future :(

I thought How I Met Your Mother was Thursday? But yes Glee and Flash Forward are wonderful. Shame I don't have Sky Sports, I'd so watch wrestling now I have Sky Plus. The breaks drove me crazzzy.

You're dead to me Split. Dead to me. sad.gif

Monday Night is better for the US I find, they have RAW, HIMYM, Rules of Engagement*, Big Bang, Two & A Half Men*, Castle, Chuck, and despite it being pretty dire, Heroes if it ends up coming back.

*Yes, I like those two shows, I realise this make my opinion on television invalid. >_> Still, Rules is supremely underrated and I'd take Charlie Sheen over Glee & Flash Forward any day of the week.

I thought How I Met Your Mother was Thursday? But yes Glee and Flash Forward are wonderful. Shame I don't have Sky Sports, I'd so watch wrestling now I have Sky Plus. The breaks drove me crazzzy.

You're dead to me Split. Dead to me. sad.gif

Monday Night is better for the US I find, they have RAW, HIMYM, Rules of Engagement*, Big Bang, Two & A Half Men*, Castle, Chuck, and despite it being pretty dire, Heroes if it ends up coming back.

*Yes, I like those two shows, I realise this make my opinion on television invalid. >_> Still, Rules is supremely underrated and I'd take Charlie Sheen over Glee & Flash Forward any day of the week.

Glee is wonderful, the fact you don't like it means you're dead inside :angry:

Two and a Half Men is not good however, not good at all, I really tried with it, but it's so middle of the road it frustrates me.

FlashForward interested me at first but the big gap has left me with little desire to pick it up again, unfortunately.

Tkz speaks the truth, especially about Rules of Engagement. Though House isn't on the list and that's just wrong.

The worst part is that I don't have a DVR and half of those shows compete with each other so I'm forced to break the law. :shifty:

HIMYM is on every night, it was just an additional highlight. Also, TKz gets worse and worse lately, I'd take him off my "people I consider to have awesome taste" list if his sig wasn't consistently one of EWB's best.

Awh, are you sad about my hating Glee? WHY DON'T YOU BURST INTO SONG ABOUT IT, HUH? mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Also, you need to take into consideration that I'm pretty much unemployed right now, and have gone through basically every TV Show even remotely okay over the course of a year. Pretty much anything that's half decent and regularly available, I'll watch. Hence Two and a Half Men. Still though, Rules of Engagement is one of my favourite sitcoms right now. It gets a lot of hate for David Spade being... well, David Spade, but I've always enjoyed him and Patrick Warburton is hilarious every time he's on screen.

And Livid, I do like House, but it's really not something you can bulk watch. Every episode is mostly the same & the sudden change of cast when I was just starting to grow attached to them made it a lot harder for me to enjoy it. I love Hugh Laurie though.