General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've just started going through Archer, Season 4. The first episode has a tremendous premise.

I watched this last night and yes it does!

He's not saying she's specifically responsible for any of them, just that the shows she's on tend to get canceled when she comes on. It's kind of a reoccurring thought with a few actors (Judy Greer is another).

Judy Greer of archer with four seasons? I don't think so.

He's not saying she's specifically responsible for any of them, just that the shows she's on tend to get canceled when she comes on. It's kind of a reoccurring thought with a few actors (Judy Greer is another).

Judy Greer of archer with four seasons? I don't think so.

That's not the only thing she's been in. :/

Basically any show she's been in with love in the title (Mad Love, Love Monkey, Love & Money...and well, Miss Guided) were canceled within one season.

I feel like they should have done a better job of establishing that Sonya has Asperger's, might end up being a turn off for viewers that can't catch on.

Agreed.

The way they played it, I felt like I was seeing something I wasn't supposed to be seeing.

Made me feel bad. :(

I think it is only ever implied in the Danish/Swedish version, as well. Maybe some of that is lost in the translation, though, but they seemed to refer to Saga as 'special'.

Ugh.

EDIT: Interview makes it sound like it's not exclusively like that, just that there are a lot of non-improv guests. Sad that there won't be any Chip Esten, though.

Yep. I'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt (meaning I'll still check it out) because of the originals but it's definitely not encouraging. Though, we probably should've seen this coming with it being on The CW and all.

Are you guys saying you're not 100% confident in the abilities of the casts of shows such as Vampire Diaries and Arrow to be able to do improv comedy?

I for one can't wait for Stephen "Wooden McGee" Amell's episode.

To be fair, I don't think he's doing it. I think he's too big now. <_<

Also, it's not just CW actors because the actress of your "favorite" (think Season 4) Chuck character is gonna be apart of it too, Ticklez. :P

To be fair, I don't think he's doing it. I think he's too big now. <_<

Also, it's not just CW actors because the actress of your "favorite" (think Season 4) Chuck character is gonna be apart of it too, Ticklez. :P

...Lauren Cohan. So we meet again, my old nemesis!

No, not at all. But he did say they were a few performers that surprised him and were actually very good. Besides, in the original run did they not have Special Guests? I seem to remember Charlie Sheen and Whoopi Goldberg on an episode. Hell they had Hasselhoff on it for 2!

I'm just saying don't crap on it without even watching it first. We are seeing three of the most talented improv comedians ever pretty much on mainstream TV again, thats what you should be tuning in for and even if some guests are bad, no doubt they can make a good thing out of a bad situation.

I don't remember Charlie Sheen, I remember Whoopi and Robin Williams, and erm.. that overhyped fitness dude.

But pretty much anybody that was not Colin, Ryan, Wayne, was a special guest, they just came back more often than normal guest stars on shows.