General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah, I don't subscribe to the "Simpsons has been terrible for ages" school. The standard since the movie has shot back up again. There's still a few clunky guest star episodes (that crap fest of a GaGa episode) but the quality is back up again.

Family Guy is just painful though now. I'd rather they did an American Dad/Simpsons crossover since I care about both shows then <_<

ETA: I suppose objectively I'd say the quality of them goes American Dad > Simpsons > FG at the moment.

Best part about the crossover is seeing how indignant fans get on various forums, the same fans will largely agree that The Simpsons has made a massive dip in quality over it's time on TV, as if a crossover with Family Guy is going to make a blind bit of difference to quality. It's an interesting idea, and I'm surprised it's taken this long. Both shows have ups and downs, but I'm confident the episode will at least make for some unique TV, if nothing else.

That's not a bad counter-point. Personal opinion of quality aside, Family Guy is one of the most successful animated comedies ever. Then again, I'd much prefer if it was a Simpsons/South Park crossover or something but I don't watch South Park anymore so I wouldn't care about that either.

• Like 1

I'd prefer Futurama/Simpsons, I was amazed that didn't happen barring the few single scene moments and in-jokes (especially considering Futurama's sci-fi slant), but I still like the idea of this crossover. It's something different from the norm, and I have little doubt that both show's writers will be in top form for it, because they know how much buzz this is going to generate.

I've heard nothing but good things, which is what I needed to hear because I hated Weeds past the second season. After I finish the third season of Archer, it'll probably be my "watch during my lunch break at work" show.

Hooray, people are paying attention to me!

I'd prefer Futurama/Simpsons, I was amazed that didn't happen barring the few single scene moments and in-jokes (especially considering Futurama's sci-fi slant), but I still like the idea of this crossover. It's something different from the norm, and I have little doubt that both show's writers will be in top form for it, because they know how much buzz this is going to generate.

Futurama and The Simpsons are doing a crossover episode. Looks like it will be Autumn 2014

Totally my doing.
  • Like 1

I know we had a Glee thread but fuck trying to find that. They've announced the plans for Finn's exit:

They're doing the two-part Beatles themed season premiere as planned, then episode three will have Finn's death. Apparently they asked the cast, Cory's family and particularly Lea Michele how they wanted to proceed and said a tribute episode would be the best and what he would want. It allows them to grieve as a group, then after that they're going on a hiatus.

Seems about right, as is the tone of it all. I have a feeling that watching that episode is going to be devastating though.