General Television Thread

Hellfire

I just finished watching Season one of the Mentalist on DVD. Pure awesome, though some episodes felt flat, overall it was really well done. Some episodes were too predictable IMHO though. loved seeing some of the Guest Stars though, such as Andrea parker and Elizabeth Rohm, people who I haven't seen on TV in years.

Also just finished Las Vegas Season One on DVD. Going to get Season 2 soon, but then I'll likely stop. Its only downhill after that.

And One Month until HIMYM Season Four. That's going to be awesome :D

• 4 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead because there hasn't been enough good TV discussion recently. I've been watching a variety of things recently but I'll start with

The Black Donnellys: It's just criminal that this show didn't get huge. A really fantastic show that apparently wasn't even given a chance.

Psych: I don't know why I didn't catch this sooner. I watched the pilot on a whim, got hooked and blew through all the episodes within a week. Really funny show with a great cast. I don't really care about the romantic thing they're trying to do with Shawn recently but thats not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Better off Ted: Super funny and in danger of being pulled off the air. If you haven't seen anything from this, just check out these outtakes, which are WAY more vulgar (and funny) then the ones actually in the episode.

Damages: Watched the first season and I'm really not sure what to think. On one hand, I watched it all within about 2 and a half days and couldn't stop until I was finished, but on the other it's really slow paced with a minimum of actual action. If you're more into action and gunplay, I'd give it a pass.

Theres some more, but I think thats enough for now. Anyone else have thoughts, reviews, questions or whatever?

Bringing this back from the dead because there hasn't been enough good TV discussion recently. I've been watching a variety of things recently but I'll start with

Psych: I don't know why I didn't catch this sooner. I watched the pilot on a whim, got hooked and blew through all the episodes within a week. Really funny show with a great cast. I don't really care about the romantic thing they're trying to do with Shawn recently but thats not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I only watched this on this on the recommendation of Tkz and I managed to get through the whole first series in one day.

Just finished up the second and third seasons of Californication. David Duchovny is awesome, the women are hot and its only a half hour. Thats pretty much about it. It's one of those shows that you aren't really bothered by if you miss, but when you start watching you remember how fun it is, then completely forget again after its over. I'll most likely watch this again when the fourth season is done.

Just finished up the second and third seasons of Californication. David Duchovny is awesome, the women are hot and its only a half hour. Thats pretty much about it. It's one of those shows that you aren't really bothered by if you miss, but when you start watching you remember how fun it is, then completely forget again after its over. I'll most likely watch this again when the fourth season is done.

Really? Californication is one of the highlights of my week when it's on and I can't wait for the next series. Love, love, love it. Especially the series 3 finale. Hank Moody is one of those characters I watch and hate when anything bad happens to him.

I've been watching Leverage which is just awesome. Christian Kane back on my television is fantastic & the stories never cease to entertain me. Though I have a horrible time buying Gina Bellman in a serious role after the character she played on Coupling. I'm also starting to work on Burn Notice, which was okay. I've been told to stick with it for a few episodes, so I'm trying not to judge it until I've watched a bit more.

Also watching Black Books all the way through again. God, I love Dylan Moran.

They don't work for me, really. I seem to get them and they just stay red all the time. It's pretty depressing, really. They sometimes worked on my old PC, but they took hours upon hours to get a 40 minute episode. Sky Plus is awesome and all, but for the shows that don't come to the UK and stay in the US, I seem to miss out. Because fuck off am I paying some of the prices for TV DVD's.

They don't work for me, really. I seem to get them and they just stay red all the time. It's pretty depressing, really. They sometimes worked on my old PC, but they took hours upon hours to get a 40 minute episode. Sky Plus is awesome and all, but for the shows that don't come to the UK and stay in the US, I seem to miss out. Because fuck off am I paying some of the prices for TV DVD's.

There are better options. Check your PM box.

Anyways, I just started watching Gossip Girl and I have to say, even though I feel like a big ol' gay for watching it, I'm kinda digging it. It's like an east coast version of the OC and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that in my book.

Edited by Hellfire

Gossip Girl is fucking awesome. I'm still slowly trundling my way through Series 2 after keeping relatively up to speed with Series 1, but I'm not sure my uni housemates would understand me watching if they saw, so I have to pick and choose my moments like a ninja :shifty:

It's not even that gay though. A lot is down to the name. If Lost was called Fairy Island, I probably wouldn't be too open about watching that either.

Gossip Girl is fucking awesome. I'm still slowly trundling my way through Series 2 after keeping relatively up to speed with Series 1, but I'm not sure my uni housemates would understand me watching if they saw, so I have to pick and choose my moments like a ninja :shifty:

It's not even that gay though. A lot is down to the name. If Lost was called Fairy Island, I probably wouldn't be too open about watching that either.

Gossip Girl is glorious.

My Unemployment has meant I have delivered to myself the joys of Gossip Girl, the Delights of 30 rock and the down right sexiness of How I Met Your Mother, all fantabulous.

Guest JukeboxHero

I finally caught up with 'House' on my DVR and am thoroughly underwhelmed this season. The show just hasn't been as good as it used to be for a while now. I might give up on it, but part of me doesn't want to with the thinking that the show only has a season or two left in it and am curious as to how it all will end.

Edited by JukeboxHero