General Television Thread

Hellfire

I'm a bit behind so I've still got a fair chunk of this season left, but I'm a big fan of Falling Skies too. I think I said on here that it was a bit meh early on, and just felt like a poor man's Walking Dead with aliens in place of zombies, but its certainly improved since it went on.

Latest Trophy Wife runs into a problem in that I think I'm supposed to feel bad that the teenage daughter was inconvenienced, but I'm not because she's the worst.

The other two kids are great, though, as are the ex-wives.

Masters of Sex wasn't too bad, but oh sweet jesus:

Ethan going from being a harmful asshole to being a degrading harmful asshole is just stepping into beyond cartoonish. Sure, he feels awful about pouring whiskey on the breasts of the provost's daughter. Sure, we're well aware of the inherent sexism in his character, a la Mad Men. But he's clearly just a toxic tonal shift to a show that has far more interesting and complex characters. Shit, even the addition of Virginia's most recent ex-husband was an interesting shift, as he had both likable and awful qualities. Ethan's clearly trying to be their take on Pete Campbell, but it's not working at all, and really hurts the ep.