General Television Thread

Hellfire

It'll always be a thing. Bones was old when the world was young. Ancient Romans would often gather around the tent and discuss the ramifications of the "will they, won't they" situation surrounding Angel and Not So Zoey Deschanel.

Holy shit, Ted gets worse and worse in How I Met Your Mother. He acts like a colossal dick to women he meets and then we're supposed to root for him? At least with Barney it was so over the top, you couldn't take it seriously. With Ted and his set up as "Super Nice Guy", it just makes him come across horrible.

At this point I kind of want him to meet the wife and her to just be like "Well. You're kind of a jerk. I'm out."

He's pretty much the embodiment of every "I'm a nice guy, why can't I find anyone?" kind of guy.

To be fair, he's been put through some shitty situations so it's not surprising that he would that kind of mope. A lot of it is his own fault but it makes sense for the character. I don't find him nearly as annoying as most people though. I mean, he's annoying but not so much that I can barely watch the show because of him.

I watched the first one and it had some things I really dont like to watch and I have a feeling there would be more later

Y'know, I was going to spoiler this, but I think it honestly serves better as a warning than a spoiler.

She's referring to a scene in the first episode where a group of frat boys (sans one) drug one of the female characters and proceed to videotape the group raping her.

None of the actual act is shown, mercifully. Some of my friends (wife included) argue that since the character later kills her attackers, it's more tolerable. I still see it as garbage storytelling.

Yep. First season: a school shooting. Second season: nonsensical alien Nazi babies. Third season: rape.

• Like 2

I watched the first one and it had some things I really dont like to watch and I have a feeling there would be more later

Y'know, I was going to spoiler this, but I think it honestly serves better as a warning than a spoiler.

She's referring to a scene in the first episode where a group of frat boys (sans one) drug one of the female characters and proceed to videotape the group raping her.

None of the actual act is shown, mercifully. Some of my friends (wife included) argue that since the character later kills her attackers, it's more tolerable. I still see it as garbage storytelling.

Yep. First season: a school shooting. Second season: nonsensical alien Nazi babies. Third season: rape.

That about sums it up. It's almost like it's a Ryan Murphy show.

• Like 2

I don't believe you!

Still, doesn't excuse even remotely tolerating Dads. <_<

Though, I will say that Ant was one of the few to recognize that Arrow wasn't awful pretty early in it's run so I can't hate on him too much.