General Television Thread

Hellfire

Blood & Guts on the Nerdist channel did an episode about Stan Winston and his impact on the industry and the lives of those in it. Winston & his company did makeup work and FX on a number of movies, including the Predator series, Terminator, Jurassic Park, Iron Man and Avatar.

Recognizing that the tale of Fred Durst is too layered and complex to be conveyed merely through song, particularly if it’s a Fred Durst song, the Limp Bizkit frontman has repeatedly sought to tell it through the medium of television, where the chocolate starfish of inspiration meets the hotdog flavored water of creative sustenance. First came the CBS project Douchebag, in which Durst would have starred in an autobiographical sitcom based on his life story as a “rock legend” that he tells himself every morning, while placing yet another backwards ball cap over his bald, 43-year-old pate. Now, after CBS executives surprisingly passed on spending a lot of time with Fred Durst, he’s developing another autobiographical TV show—this time a drama, the better to capture the universal tragedy of all that man does for the nookie, only to have life continually stick that cookie up his yeah, stick it up his yeah, stick it up his wearily resigned yeah.

Titled The Noise, after the buzzing in your head upon reading that Fred Durst is developing another TV show about himself, the series would chronicle “the rise of a young artist in the 1990s who escapes a tumultuous home life and forms a wildly popular band with a unique sound,” only to spend the rest of his days so desperate to revisit that popularity, he starts pitching TV shows where he gets to relive it every week. The series is currently in development at The CW, owing to the fact that teenage girls love Fred Durst in the imaginary inner life that he leads and would like to finally see on his TV screen, please don’t make him rap about it anymore.

Well, there goes CWs track record for decent series...

What track record? The Vampire Diaries and Arrow?

Eh, their new ones (The Tomorrow People and The Originals) would fall under "decent" but I'd say the two you mention are just outright good. Plus, there's Supernatural, which used to be great at one point.

That said, the fact that their recent track record has been developing genre stuff, it's a bit odd to hear they're developing a show with/about Fred Durst.

It's been a bit uneven so far but I think it's good. It has a couple similarities to The Vampire Diaries (like how it evolves through plot at a crazy pace) but overall, has quite a bit different of a tone. The fact that the show doesn't revolve around a boring love triangle also helps differentiate it from TVD.

Probably not. They do a pretty good job of recapping what the characters are all about.

I'd definitely recommend watching TVD though, it's good. And I should clarify, it doesn't quite revolve around the love triangle as much as I probably let on in the previous post. It's still there but they usually have much more important stuff to concentrate on so it's always kind of on the backburner.

• Like 1

I don't know if anybody still watched OUAT, but Mary Margaret is so fucking annoying. If your son is kidnapped and being held by a gang of vigilanted/outcasts, you don't have time for morals and principals. They don't

I know right? I would rip that little bastard's heart out myself to get my son back.

I've been resisting correcting you but Henry is Mary Margaret's grandson...God I feel like such a nerd now :(