Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

General Television Thread

Welp...we're fucked but at least we have John Oliver to tell us how and why on the way there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1ya-yF35g

• Like 2

I really need to catch up on my backlog of Last Week Tonight episodes.

Just watched the first episode of Fargo....man that's a good show.

Decided to finally commit to Game of Thrones. Picked back up with Episode 3. I'd watched the first 3 years ago, but thought the 3rd would be a good reminder. It's quite overwhelming with the amount of characters, but it's pretty good and I expect I'll really get into it.

Watching the second episode of Fargo, noticed a grocery store that I shopped at once or twice (near my chiropractor).

So I've only watched the pilot, but apparently The Leftovers is starting to become one of those shows that make you eye-roll a lot? Is it starting to become incredibly pretentious?

No, not at all. It gets better and better.

I'm still enjoying the show. Gah....the opening scene on this weeks episode though...

I second that, the opening scene was tough to watch... and a bit surprising considering it was the first time the show had been that violent. As stated, I am enjoying the show too. The Leftovers isn't my favorite show on TV but still one I enjoy. The writing and character development is really well done.

So I've only watched the pilot, but apparently The Leftovers is starting to become one of those shows that make you eye-roll a lot? Is it starting to become incredibly pretentious?

No, not at all. It gets better and better.

I'm still enjoying the show. Gah....the opening scene on this weeks episode though...

I second that, the opening scene was tough to watch... and a bit surprising considering it was the first time the show had been that violent. As stated, I am enjoying the show too. The Leftovers isn't my favorite show on TV but still one I enjoy. The writing and character development is really well done.

Hell, most shows aren't that violent! But I really only had one complaint about that scene...

The blood. Like....come on. You could TELL that it was colored water

Is that the one with the kid on Adderall? Because that was my favorite one.

Soooo, Game of Thrones is both great and horribly addictive. About to watch Season 2, Episode 6. I quite like that I can just go back through the Game of Thrones thread and read everyone's reactions as if they were watching when I was watching. I only know one major spoiler to come, and a few characters who are still alive in the latest season, but it hasn't stopped my enjoyment from the show. It totally lives up to the hype.

• Like 2

And you haven't even gotten close to the best parts yet! :D

• Like 2

Is that the one with the kid on Adderall? Because that was my favorite one.

No, it was the one where they're trying to get their name.

Don't know if anybody else here watched it, but NBC has renewed Undateables for a second season. :D

• Like 1

Don't know if anybody else here watched it, but NBC has renewed Undateables for a second season. :D

I watched the first few episodes. Ron Funches > * so that's good news. Edited by livid

He is definitely a highlight of the show. And I'll watch anything with Chris D'Elia (Yes, even Whitney), so yay!

Anyone have a good suggestion for a show I can binge on? I think people kind of know my tastes by now.

The West Wing maybe? I'm kind of drawing a blank.

Teachers. Everyone should annually binge on Teachers. Apart from the last series obviously.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a show I can binge on? I think people kind of know my tastes by now.

The West Wing maybe? I'm kind of drawing a blank.

Does Srar watch Modern Family? I have a feeling she'd love Modern Family. Or Broad City?

Teachers. Everyone should annually binge on Teachers. Apart from the last series obviously.

Currently actually doing that myself. Forgot how great it eas.

Oh man, Game of Thrones S2, EP9! So good. This show is so easy to binge.

• Like 2

I really quite like John Oliver's new show. Its like a mix of The Daily Show and The Bugle.

Needs more Zaltzman.

• Like 2

Totally agree, I'm hoping Andy gets in there at some point. Give the guy an hour and get a few extra cast members like Daily Show has, putting Andy in there.