General Television Thread

Hellfire

Except it's actually pretty logical given how long he's been searching for "the one" and not finding it. Getting discouraged seems like something he should've done a long time ago, mind you, but it's really not that odd given the context of the show. Plus, it's obviously not a permanent character development, like he all of a sudden became Barney.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/05/the-cw-adapting-dcs-hourman-for-tv

I think we need to have a superhero intervention with CW. They just can't stop. :(

Though, from the synopsis, this sounds more like a comic that'll end up adapted into something that ends up closer resembling a procedural from CBS than Arrow.

Speaking of CW and superheroes, I'm kind of psyched for the Flash show becoming a thing, because I get the feeling it's going to end up along the lines of Angel and Buffy when it comes to cameos... and that's something we haven't really seen since. It was always super exciting to learn that Spike was going to turn up in LA for an episode or Angel was coming back to Sunnydale for an episode, so this should be awesome.

Except it's actually pretty logical given how long he's been searching for "the one" and not finding it. Getting discouraged seems like something he should've done a long time ago, mind you, but it's really not that odd given the context of the show. Plus, it's obviously not a permanent character development, like he all of a sudden became Barney.

It's not like I'm against it. It makes sense, but to me it doesn't seem like a normal progression for a show centered around the guy telling his kids how he met their mother. But it is funny that he basically had the reverse development to Barney.

He was a nice guy who had to go through a lot, and became a worst person. But this new version of himself hasn't been exactly lucky, and there have been occasions where his older self acknowledged how much of an idiot he was at those times.

So I just started in on Dexter again (I watched like the first disc of Season 1 and misplaced the DVDs while moving back to school at some point), does the acting get any better? Because to me, a good portion of the supporting cast (his sister, the female lieutenant, the black cop that hates Dexter) just cannot act all that well.

Remember when it was reported that Marvel was looking into selling four more properties to networks and Netflix/etc.?

Well we now have our answers as to where (and who) they'll be: Netflix!

BURBANK, Calif., Nov. 7, 2013 The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV

to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvels most popular characters exclusively to the worlds leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on Daredevil, followed by Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage, the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hells Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvels The Defenders mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvels most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvels brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvels specialty, said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in whats sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.

Marvels movies, such as Iron Man and Marvels The Avengers, are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels, said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. With House of Cards and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and were thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.

This new original TV deal follows last years landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates

That's quite ambitious and it'll be interesting to see how much it differs from Agents of SHIELD.

• Like 2

Is anyone else thinking overkill at this point? While I do get the logic of striking while the iron is hot, four new superhero shows is a lot to commit to as a viewer, and they'll have to make a lot of effort to make them distinct from each other, SHIELD and Arrow. Unless its make em cheap and don't renew the ones that don't succeed, but that's a horrible rationale.