General Television Thread

Hellfire

Because there's an absolute ton of story for each of those heroes? Why muddy the waters by having it be an exclusive team up series when they can create four separate ones that can focus on each hero? I can see why some might consider it overkill, but this is Netflix. It's not like they're competing for time on network TV. Anyone that watches it can watch it whenever the hell they feel like it. There's no "well, I'm dropping this because I've got other shows and it's not holding up". You'll probably just be able to blitz it all in a day or whenever you feel like it.

So excited. The move towards Netflix as a major source of shows is something I couldn't wait for and I'm totally behind four new heroes getting their own shows. That's fucking crazy! Super glad it looks like they're going to be shorter, HBO style shows too. 10-13 episode series are usually a lot better paced.

Also: the potential for crossover with this, Agents of Shield and the MCU... holy fuck. This is just... insane. I never would've dreamed that we'd see the day this happened.

Also I like Jessica Jones and all but seriously that's it? That's the female superhero getting her first solo act? I mean I guess you can't exactly do Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel deserves a full film at least, but I was kind of hoping one of those would get a feature first.

Man. Days like this make me fucking depressed that Marvel has no access to the X-Men. So much potential for a show there.

To be fair, we don't know Marvel's feature film plans past 2015 so we very well could get news of a big feature for a female superhero by then (when the series will start). Plus, judging by the other names, these are clearly names that Marvel felt deserved something but couldn't carry a feature film themselves.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/that-saul-goodman-breaking-bad-spinoff-may-be-both,105288/

Now, in an interview with IGN, Odenkirk has blurred the lines a bit, saying that producers Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould have "talked about prequel, but theyve also talked to me about sequel, and theyve also talked to me about a mix of prequel and sequel." So we may get to see both Saul Goodmans origin story and the aftereffects of his year as Walter Whites strip-mall consigliere.

The precise formula for Better Call Saul is still being tweaked in other ways, presumably to maximize its purity and thereby its appeal to a shadowy cabal of Eastern European buyers. When the IGN interviewer referred to reports that cast the spinoff as "70-percent comedy, 30-percent drama," Odenkirk told him that no, hes got the percentages all wrong: "Its going to be 70-percent drama and 30-percent comedy," Odenkirk said.

• Like 1

Also it fucking sucks that both Michael Jai White and Terry Crews are already doing stuff in TV shows, because either of those two would make for an amazing Luke Cage. Preferably Crews, but I'm sure White could kill it too.

Also I like Jessica Jones and all but seriously that's it? That's the female superhero getting her first solo act? I mean I guess you can't exactly do Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel deserves a full film at least, but I was kind of hoping one of those would get a feature first.

Man. Days like this make me fucking depressed that Marvel has no access to the X-Men. So much potential for a show there.

I am really hoping her series is less "female superhero" and more live action version of the Alias comic series

I haven't watched New Girl, but I read an article someone posted in defense of Coach. And it tells me that TKz is wrong and he should be given time to develop.

I'm going to agree with the article writer.

• Like 1

Well we already know that you're a terrible human being that didn't like Happy Endings so what do you know? :P

Well, yeah, Happy Endings does kind of make him a bit shit!

I dunno, I felt like they have a great group going on now, adding in Coach kind of messes up that dynamic.