General Television Thread

Hellfire

For anyone that doesn't know, he also wrote a bunch of Buffy, Angel and some episodes of Lost. So, yeah, he's fucking good by me. Really hoping Daredevil can retain some of the darker elements of the comics. I don't really want full on grit, but around Arrow levels of dark would be probably the perfect fit. We've seen what happens when you go a bit too light. >_>

Also the Daredevil show makes me super bummed out that Michael Clarke Duncan isn't around to be Kingpin again. That was some inspired casting that totally paid off.

I remember some outrage at the time and lots of "Kingpin isn't black!" posts

Seemed to work out well to me

Apparently Melissa Rosenberg is attached to write/produce the Jessica Jones show. She wrote the Twilight movies which I'm sure is exciting to precisely nobody on EWB, but she was also a writer and eventually the showrunner on the first four seasons of Dexter before she left to presumably spend all her time trying to make sense out of the plot of Twilight. She was also involved in the previous attempt to make a Jessica Jones show for ABC.

starting to get back into boardwalk empire after watching the past few weeks and wow... this show has really transformed. I used to watch it at the beginning and lost interest, but the past few weeks have been real good. I don't have seasons 1 or 2 yet, but I have season 3 on demand, so I have been watching that. It really is a good show.

• Like 1

starting to get back into boardwalk empire after watching the past few weeks and wow... this show has really transformed. I used to watch it at the beginning and lost interest, but the past few weeks have been real good. I don't have seasons 1 or 2 yet, but I have season 3 on demand, so I have been watching that. It really is a good show.

Season one is okay, but nothing amazing when you get past the "cool era" feeling, season two has sparks of brilliance but isn't consistent, season three is just phen-fucking-omenal. I've not watched season four yet because I like to marathon the seasons, but from what I hear it's the best yet.